Part-time Administrator (Mission Support), 25 hours per week
6 days left
- Contract Type
The Director of Mission has responsibilities within the wider Diocese of Southwark. Those wider responsibilities include Mission Action Planning, church planting and Fresh Expressions, teaching and preaching across the Diocese along with oversight of children and youth work in the Diocese.
Your duties will include:
· Making arrangements for meetings, preparing agendas, providing documents, taking notes and typing minutes.
· Supporting the administration of events such as conferences, training days
· Arranging for data and information to be collected, entered into databases and summarized.
This is a role that will provide important support to the current plans and new initiatives for enabling the mission of God in our Diocese.
- To support the Canon Missioner and the mission and evangelism team, in a range of secretarial and administrative duties.
- Deal with correspondence (email, post, phone), and arranging appointments for the team. Liaise with office services over booking and confirming meeting rooms.
- Make arrangements for meetings, preparing agendas, providing documents, taking notes, typing minutes and following up on action points.Support the administration of events such as conferences, training days, including the booking of venues, sending information to delegates, arranging catering, preparing delegate packs, etc.
- Setting up pages in EventBrite and administering payments, emails to attendees, collating data and transferring to MailChimp etc.
- Arrange for data and information to be collected and entered into Diocesan databases and MailChimp. Collate and summarise data; produce reports from Diocesan database to order.
- Administer finances for the department, organising the payment of expenses, invoices and grants and ensuring that the department stays within budget.
- Keep Mission & Evangelism web pages up to date.Any other administrative duties that are required.
- Highly organised with demonstrable administrative and record-keeping skills.
- Able to balance competing demands.
- Experienced in Outlook Express and Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
- Comfortable with a range of apps and software programs including EventBrite, MailChimp, Doodle Poll, Survey Monkey etc.
- Confident in the use of technology, and using it to maximise efficiency.
- Interpersonal skills for building good working relationships
- A willingness to work within a diverse christian ethos and demonstrate a commitment to our values
- Evidence of supporting committees including minute-taking
- Experience of working with Contact Management Systems
- Experience of working with Christian agencies/organisations
Please click the apply button below for further details and to make your application