First Line Sales Manager - Nottingham and Lincolnshire, Open to flexibility
First Line Sales Manager - Nottingham and Lincolnshire, Open to flexibility
We have a fantastic opportunity for a First Line Sales Manager - Nottinghamshire & Lincolnshire to join our team! In this field based role reporting to the Regional Business Director, you will deliver successful sales uptake of our new Respiratory portfolio by developing, leading and managing a high performing competitive sales team of approximately 8-12 Sales Representatives (SRs). You will inspire, challenge, coach and support the team to consistently deliver stretching lead measures which include a growing emphasis on the implementation and embedding of the 'new basics' and salesforce measurement framework.
- Motivate and inspire your team and peers to consistently be their very best by keeping them connected with the broader organisation, celebrating success, ensuring that top performers feel recognised and valued, and by removing/reducing barriers and issues that impact their team's belief and motivation.
- Ability to flex style to lead and coach team members on excellent Primary Care and Secondary Care selling
- Set high expectations and inspire, challenge and support their team to continuously find ways to improve their effectiveness and to become the most competitive Respiratory salesforce in the industry.
- Grow sales by delivering agreed targets for demonstrable improvements in call quantity, call quality, advocacy and new ways of working that result in the team being the most competitive in the industry. Work with the appropriate KAMs and RBD to ensure that the setting and performance management of lead measures is aligned with the local health economy account plans as well as what is needed to be competitive nationally.
- Regularly reviews performance (using KPIs, visual controls, performance reviews) of each team member to ensure delivery against agreed lead measure targets as well as efficient use of resources (e.g. optimal use of samples, managing call frequency). Role models dynamic performance management by consistently identifying, diagnosing and addressing SR performance issues through time and outcome-based Performance Improvement Plans.
- Ensure that everybody in the team maintains a strong focus on growing sales through regular, proactive analysis of sales performance data to identify and action areas for improvement.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the local health economy and supports/challenges decisions that result in their team having maximum impact on sales growth. Continuously analyses the impact of their salesforce activity and proactively challenges KAMs/RBDs where the deployment of the SR team can be improved to accelerate sales growth, e.g. aligning resource with access; de-resourcing areas, etc..
- Take personal accountability to understand the following in sufficient depth to be able to effectively coach direct reports to competitively sell and influence (1:1 and 1:many) and develop/mobilise local advocates: (1) asthma and COPD disease areas; (2) GSK medicines; (3) competitor medicines and data; (4) campaigns; (5) performance; (6) the local health economy environment; (7) importance and relevance of influencer networks
- Develop the knowledge and skills of each direct report by diagnosing areas for development and addressing these through differentiated development plans which use the GSK 70/20/10 approach to development ('on-the-job'/mentor/training) 70/20/10. Manage talent and succession planning through the use of the 9-box placement tool and differentiated development planning.
- Embed new ways of working (e.g. Salesforce Measures, "New Basics") and continuously seek better ways to engage and competitively sell to our customers more effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure ethical leadership and full compliance with GSK ethical working policy, other GSK policies, health and safety requirements and UK regulatory and ABPI requirements. Role models GSK Expectations and creates a culture for SRs to do their best work, creating pride in our business model and way of working.
- Ensure Contingent Workers (CWs) are managed in accordance with GSK policy and work closely with Contract Sales Force Organisations (CSOs) to drive high calibre candidates are brought forward for interview and performance management of CWs is conducted consistently and quickly
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 9th December 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- People leadership, management and coaching experience
- Experience of working in a primary and secondary care environment preferred
- Ability to define and shape best practice through looking both internally and externally to GSK and responding appropriately
- Demonstrated sales success
- Good understanding of account management principles and philosophies
- Good understanding of NHS structure, policies, drivers and interface between primary and secondary care, in line with their local health economy
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex environment
- Experience leading cross-functional sales or marketing team(s)
- Demonstrated ability of interfacing with senior customers, internally and externally
- Headcount budget management
- Experience working with contract sales force organisations and operating a team that includes complementary workers
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.