Employee Relations Manager, full time - open to flexible working
You will be managing key cases and ER and Health related projects.
Please note this is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract (covering maternity leave).
Your key responsibilities
Providing commercial advice on ER issues particularly on complex cases (capability/disciplinary/grievances, tribunals, TUPE, redundancies)
Managing wellbeing related projects as part of our Health EY Programme
Working with the business to resolve issues and achieve a satisfactory outcome
Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including: HR Business Consultants, counsellors, people leaders, Talent Shared Services, lawyers and suppliers
Reporting on ER and health activity and trends
Educating the business on how to deal with cases
Working with the firm’s lawyers in managing high risk cases and claims. Managing costs and achieving commercial settlements where appropriate.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong commercial awareness, engaging business leaders on the options available and risks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to establish credibility and presenting information effectively both orally and in writing
- The ability to build relationships quickly
- Strong process and project management skills
- High degree of ER expertise. Seen as credible and as a point of advice and guidance for ER issues demonstrating process/technical expertise.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Significant experience of managing ER cases
Ideally, you’ll also have
- CIPD qualified
- Experience of managing wellbeing projects
What we look for
Good attention to detail and strong time management skills
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.