Chief Financial Officer - Open to flexible working
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Insurance, Distribution & Outsourcing division within BGL as a commercially focused CFO. This is a significant and highly visible leadership position, with the opportunity to drive real value within a dynamic, fast paced and highly entrepreneurial environment. IDO is focused on designing high quality, appealing home, motor and life insurance products with an easy customer journey. We aim to ensure that customers are well looked after once they own a policy and, ultimately, if they make a claim. IDO’s recent awards include the 2017 Insurance Times award for Excellence in Motor Broking.
At BGL, we believe that as we grow it’s critical that we have leaders who are constructively challenging existing strategies to drive growth and profitability to help the business continue to progress and never stand still. This role will play a key part in driving the strategic development for the IDO Finance Function with ultimate responsibility for the delivery of short and medium terms plans through effective leadership, relationship management and financial performance by ensuring that customers have a clear understanding of our proposition.
What will you be responsible for as a Chief Financial Officer?
- Provide financial direction, analysis and information to the executive team of IDO to improve decision-making, trading performance and drive opportunities and the profitability of the IDO business
- Ensure the performance and strategic development targets of specified business units and support functions are delivered within the regulatory environment they operate in
- Ensure the IDO Business Model has customer needs and expectations at the forefront of all decisions
- Lead the development and accuracy of the financial planning model, including opportunity and risk analysis
- Formulate and implement strategies and tactical plans to exceed customer expectations
- Proactively recommend areas of profitability for the business through insight into the dynamics of the business and supporting the Group Director, CFO, business heads and finance teams
- Provide insight, accurate and sound judgement over commercial activity
What will it take to be successful?
- Proven track record of leading a finance function, ideally for multiple business units in Financial Services
- Able to clearly demonstrate how you’ve actively contributed to a business’ strategic growth
- Outstanding executional capabilities; attention to detail and a determination to deliver
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; ability to articulate complex issues clearly and influence decision-making up to board level
- Solid management reporting experience
- Actively seeks to constructively challenge others and ideas
- Have a critical eye when it comes to analysing the business’ financial performance
- High degree of ownership and accountability
As part of the BGL Group, our IDO (Insurance, Distribution and Outsourcing) Division are one of the UK’s leading digital distributors of insurance and household financial services. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and are ultimately the driving force behind our focus on innovation. We work with some of the biggest high street and global brands (O2, Lloyds Banking Group and many more) and we always aim to be on the top of our game in everything we do. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We grow because we are…
- AMBITIOUS - We’re obsessive about delivering good outcomes for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
- CREATIVE - We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit customers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learnings.
- AUTHENTIC - We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
- UNITED - We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.