Forecasting Analyst - Home-Based, Flexible, Part time 2 days/wk
Forecasting Analyst - Home-Based, Flexible, c 2 days/wk
Legacy Foresight is a research and consultancy business, specialising in the charitable legacy and in-memory giving sectors. We are a ‘virtual’ company, without offices. The current team of 13 all work from home on a flexible basis, while communicating frequently through email, Skype and regular face to face meetings in central London.
Due to continuing growth, we are expanding our team and are now looking for an analyst to support us in the legacy forecasting area of the business. The role would suit someone with a background in economics who has been working in that field or from a strategy consultancy or financial services background. They should have at least 5 years work experience in a professional commercial environment.
Our legacy forecasts can range from 5 years to 40 years and incorporate multiple market factors (economy, death rates, attitudes to charitable giving, changes in long-term wealth, population dynamics etc.) as well as charity-specific factors. The work will involve the following tasks:
- Collecting, organising and analysing charity and market data
- Statistical modelling (multivariate regression modelling)
- Creating long-term legacy market forecasts, using the factors mentioned above
- Powerpoint presentations
- Report writing
- Attending and presenting face-to-face client presentations.
- Degree or similar qualification in economics and general interest in macro economics
- Ability to work under own steam without close supervision
- Methodical and persistent, with good attention to detail
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced Powerpoint skills
- Proven statistical modelling skills
- Familiarity with database software and systems (SPSS, SAS, SQL)
- Experience with an econometrics package e.g. Eviews
- Interest and / or experience in the charity sector
Salary: £250 - £350 freelance day rate dependent on experience
Hours & Flexibility
The role will be part time, flexible and home-based, averaging 2 days a week. There will be busier periods when the person may be asked to work 3-4 days week and quieter periods with less work required – these will be planned in advance and negotiated around other commitments. We do not expect someone to work set days/ hours, but do need a reasonable degree of flexibility to manage the busy client meeting schedule we have
The person should be based in easy reach of central London, in order to attend monthly team meetings and client meetings (usually around 4 in total each month). It is assumed that they will use their own computer and phone, but we are willing to provide advice and financial support to acquire additional software/hardware as necessary.
We will be reviewing applications as and when received. Interviews will be scheduled for February 2019 with a start date of April 2019.
We would love to hear why flexible working suits you – so please add a short note outlining your reasons for wanting to work this way.
Apply for Forecasting Analyst - Home-Based, Flexible, Part time 2 days/wk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly