Risk Data Analyst, Open to flexibility
Risk Data Analyst, Open to flexibility
Are you a talented Risk Data Analyst?
Do you have experience of working with SAP Data?
If YES we have the perfect role for YOU ..
The role of a Risk Data Analyst is to support the Data Analytics manager to provide Global Finance (LOCS, BSCs, BPOs and corporate finance organisations), global process owners (GPOs) support in assessing risks and identifying gaps in controls and also opportunities for process simplification and efficiency.
This role assesses the Global Finance risk environment and hones in on key areas to help the creation of action plans from the organisation and also perform our own assessment of key risks via data analytics.
Your Key Responsibilities -
- Design and develop analytical solutions to understand risks across the key business processes.
- Deliver cost effective, timely high-quality reporting and analytics across complex compliance/risk organisation while complying with GSK and legal ethical standards.
- Execute analytics to provide insights to Global Finance risk & control environment and enable decisions on the adequacy of the business control framework.
- Perform data analytics on data retrieves obtained from the ERP organisation and build out standard reports that can then be used for handover to Continuous Control Monitoring to operational staff.
- Develop relationships with ERP teams (CERPS, JDE) & GEC Independent Business Monitoring (IBM) & A&A to ensure successful data mining and analytics activities are conducted regularly.
- Business partnering role with Process Operations teams (SLOs) globally / Global Process Owners (GPOs) to identify stakeholder needs and report trends in process gaps, process risks with a view to create positive risk management impact.
- Proactively engage Process Operations teams (SLOs) / Global Process Owners (GPOs) to identify opportunities to leverage technology and analytics in connection with driving simplification and efficiency across processes.
- Support Director -Operations and Regional Lead and Director- Global Processes and Projects to utilise and build out the use of data analytics.
- Be a team member on various special projects requiring data analytical and risk assessment skills e.g. Root Cause Analysis (RCA.)
- Provide clear, insightful interpretation of available internal and external data.
- Participates on cross-functional and matrixed projects to reduce risk and/or implement new or enhanced controls related to key processes or systems.
- Establish and manages effective relationships with other areas in GSK to ensure alignment of controls and closely collaborate with Global ethics & Compliance data analytics team to be effective.
Please ensure you apply before 10th Dec 2018 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Bachelors Degree required in either Mathematics & Statistics, Engineering, Information Systems, Finance, or other applicable degree & further education qualification in IT/Data analytics or Finance (CA, ACCA, CIMA..)
- Data analysis using R and SQL
- Passionate about the analysis they produce and are proud to deliver this information to all levels of the business.
- Have strong attention to detail and be meticulous in reviewing large data sets.
- Process and business acumen;
- Detail understanding of technology and how it integrates into the eco-system.
- Ability to define process and procedure related to use and integration of technology.
- Demonstrates an understanding of service definition and process improvement methodologies.
- Design and application of data analytics for Audit, Risk Management, Controls & Global Ethics & Compliance fields, processes and workflow, and of the IT tools deployed in support.
- Demonstrable track record in communication, personal effectiveness, and influencing skills
- MSc Degree in Mathematics and Statistics, Management Science, Operational research, Financial Mathematics.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.