Learning and Development Consultant, 4- 5 days per week
Timewise is the UK’s leading change agent for flexible working and flexible hiring. Our employer activities include training and consultancy, campaigns, research and innovation work.
We are looking for someone with a depth of experience in learning and development to join our team, ideally on a 4 day per week pattern (but always happy to discuss alternative flexible working patterns). You will help us to ensure our training workshops and events are engaging, insightful and drive real behaviour change. You will also get involved in our broader organisational change projects for a wide variety of public and private sector clients.
You will see these projects through from start to finish, working with some of the UK’s biggest brand names, such as John Lewis, Diageo, Camden Council, EY and Lloyds Banking Group. Our consultancy and training team also share account management and business development, helping scope opportunities to help other employers embrace flexible working and flexible hiring.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To design and deliver a range of training workshops for a wide range of corporate and public sector client
- To work on other bespoke consultancy and diagnostic projects focused on supporting employers to enhance their approach to flexible working, job design and flexible hiring practices to attract, engage and progress talent
- To manage a number of our key clients and help develop new consultancy or training opportunities for Timewise.
Consultancy and project management:
- Establish credibility and maintain relationships with clients
- Manage individual projects, and a portfolio of work, and keep it on track and to budget
- Rapidly learn Timewise processes and practices, and be able to integrate these into each client’s pre-existing initiatives or issues
- Run client meetings, taking account of feedback and adapting process as necessary
- Develop solutions that work with each client’s strategic context and will ‘land’ with the individuals involved.
- Support the ongoing development of our range of training workshops and events, including webinars and e-learning content development
- Help ensure that our consultancy and training offer is continually informed by best practice in cognitive science and learning design, promoting behavioural change
- Work with our marketing and design team to ensure our workshop materials are finished to a professional standard.
- Identify opportunities to promote Timewise and our services to employers through appropriate networks, industry and membership bodies
- Work with the marketing team to refine collateral to promote our services and keep updated.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in learning design and behaviour change
- Designing learning solutions in a range of formats including e-learning and webinars
- Experience of working with clients on broader organisational development projects, to change culture or behaviours
- Strong presentation skills, credible up to Board level
- Business / commercial acumen: able to rapidly understand concerns about flexible working, suggest ways of overcoming them, and guide clients towards appropriate action.
- Proven track record of business development, offering consultancy solutions tailored to client need.
- Strong project management skills.
- Relevant professional qualifications
- In house experience in an HR / OD / L&D role.
- The post holder will work as part of our Consultancy and Training team which is led by our Programme Directors Claire Campbell and Natalie Gill. You will also work with Emma Stewart and Karen Mattison, our joint CEOs, and the Timewise Director of Research and Consultancy, Charlotte Gascoigne.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- We are open to considering either full time or part time working for this role (ideally 4 days per week but open to discussion).
- The salary will be £40-45k FTE, dependent on skills and experience.
- You will be based at our office in London Bridge, but there will be some travel to client sites in London and around the UK.
- Interviews will take place early in January.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role via the application method below.