Midday Supervisor, Part time, 10 hours per week
Job Title: Midday Supervisor – January Start
Hours of Work: 10 Hours per week (12:30-14:30 Monday to Friday term time only)
Apply by: As soon as possible
Closing date: 11 January 2019
Responsible for: The supervision and control of students in given areas of the secondary school during lunchtime. Duties will include responsibility for the orderly conduct of students taking their school meal and in and outside the school building during the lunchtime break.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Supervision and control of students during the lunch break, in the play areas, the Forum and around the school premises.
- Assisting and directing students in the dining room and elsewhere, dealing with incidents of unruly behaviour and referring matters to the Pastoral or Senior Team when necessary.
- Assisting as directed with the maintenance of orderly arrangements both for the taking of the school meal and the use of the buildings and other areas used by students.
Necessary Skills and Qualities:
- Experience of supervising children and young people.
- Ability to understand and apply instructions from the Academy with regards to the supervision and control of students during the lunchtime break.
- Ability to interact with pupils in an appropriately warm fashion, to deal with them patiently, firmly and with a good humoured manner.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries and conduct
- Understanding the importance of the school meals and the lunchtime break in being a social educational occasion.
- Ability to relate to both support staff and teaching staff at the school and to work co-operatively with the other people as part of a team.
- Ability to judge when advice/assistance is needed to meet pupils’ needs and to react calmly and quickly in any emergency.
- A commitment to, and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people.
- Understanding of the Academy’s policy in health and safety, equal opportunities and behaviour.
Supporting the Academy Ethos:
- To play a full part in the life of the Academy community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and encourage and ensure staff and students to follow this example.
- Support the Academy in meeting its statutory requirements.
- Promote actively the Academy’s policies.
These duties are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment. This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the Academy at the reasonable discretion of the Headteacher.
Application forms can be downloaded from http://www.smmacademy.org/395/current-vacancies
Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please call 0207 502 4768 or email email@example.com