Planning - Product Manager, Open to flexibility
Planning - Product Manager, Open to flexibility
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 160 markets and a global network of manufacturing sites in multiple countries. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer.
Manufacturing and Supply Chains are experiencing transformational change through the application of Digital, Data, Analytics & Automation across many industries including Pharmaceuticals. Digital is widely acknowledged as the 4th Industrial Revolution and we're right at the heart of this in the GSK Supply Chain. These new digital technologies require new skills, higher levels of collaboration and greater agility for us to be successful.
- The Planning Product Manager is accountable for the development and delivery of a value driven innovation product & feature pipeline for the Product Domain, aligned to the Supply Chain performance drivers of Safety, Quality, Service & Cost
- The role will be aligned to a cluster of Supply Chain global business Planning sub-processes:
- Demand Planning and Management; Supply Planning; Production Planning and Scheduling; S&OP; Supply Chain Visibility; Supply Chain Design and Optimisation; Inventory Management
- The Product Manager supports GSK's Supply Chain strategy by developing multiyear product pipelines prioritised to maximise business value, compliance & reliability.
- They deploy domain specific Tech Products & features across the Global Supply Chain locations to deliver continuous improvement of an optimised deployment model that enables improved time to value from new products & features and maximises site and supply chain node level adoption.
- Leadership & development of direct reports in line with GSK Tech Digital & Agile strategies.
- Leading matrix teams where required.
- Provides input to Product architecture, aligning across the GSK Tech organisation on standards relating to platforms, cyber security, strategic vendors & delivery models.
- Ensures total lifetime value can be effectively realised from Domain Tech Products & minimises impacts of hardware & software obsolescence & vulnerabilities over the lifetime of each Supply Chain Tech Product.
- Supports the Data & Analytics strategy for Domain Tech Products. Collaborates with key business stakeholders to develop a multiyear Digital, Data and Analytics approach to ensure Supply Chain has the data & insights to be competitive.
- Supports the implementation of service support globally for all products within portfolio, ensuring appropriate Service Levels are defined and service governance models are in place and aligned with GSK service support sourcing model.
- Collaborates with other key product owners/ product managers to drive continuous improvement of GSK Tech's development & deployment tools & methodologies.
At Business Unit Level: Success will be measured by achieving the maximum value for the business while ensuring the optimal set of applications at lowest possible cost while minimising business risk.
- Governance: Establish and lead Business Governance bodies, drive to approval for projects, provide oversight and enable benefits realisation, manage overall service performance and manage business risk.
- Business Process: Design the optimal set of applications and services which meets the business strategy and requirements
- Process Improvement: Accountable for driving ongoing business process improvements adopting lean management techniques.
Closing date for applications: 17th December 2018
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Planning and Management processes and solutions.
- Proven experience of deploying and integrating Supply Chain solutions across the Enterprise and with external business partners.
- Proven experience of leveraging core data to develop decision support reporting and analytics solutions.
- Proven experience of processes and data design and solutions implementation.
- Master Data management tools used with ERP in corporate environments
- Please see above
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.