Salesforce Effectiveness Manager, Open to flexibility
Salesforce Effectiveness Manager, Open to flexibility
This is an exciting new role working within the GSK UK Pharma Multi-Channel Marketing and Commercial Effectiveness Directorate.
The purpose of this role is to drive business performance through organisational responsibility for Salesforce Effectiveness through our Veeva CRM system, SFE tools and various available datasets. This will include responsibility for the alignment of the UK with Global programmes for salesforce performance measurement, and leadership of a team of three functional experts to support these ambitions.
This role will report into the Business Insight Director, and will play a key role in supporting the Directorate vision of accelerating data driven multi-channel marketing and sales.
- Lead and implement Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) programs and projects to achieve key business objectives including:
- Working with cross functional teams (e.g. Commercial Analytics, Marketing) to deliver sales force effectiveness benchmarking, segmentation & targeting, activity planning, sizing/structure and KPI reporting
- Deployment and evolution of SFE tools, establishing and driving relevant benchmarks, consulting on business focused dashboards
- UK Pharma accountability for Veeva (CRM), leading the organisation's strategy in its use to maximize our return from our CRM investment and to ensure that new releases, upgrades and internal changes to Veeva are delivered and successfully embedded
- Strategic and Operational management of our Contract Sales Force Organisations (CSOs) to ensure quality/value for money, including compliance with contractual and governance measures; forward planning of flexible work force demands in line with sales force plan; consulting on ad hoc resourcing requests to support the business
- Delivery of sales force bonus and incentive schemes across all brands
- Work closely with the commercial business to advise upon and support the review of salesforce field metrics.
- Lead, coach and inspire the UK Pharma Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) team, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement, simplification, realignment or off-shoring of activities to release energy for the team to focus on the highest value activities to benefit UK Pharma
- Influence Global SFE networks to ensure UK Pharma properly represented during key project/initiative discussions that impact our business.
- Build SFE peer network to optimize effectiveness in role
- Maintain and build a culture of right first time and zero single points of failure for critical SFE processes
- Support and consult on the management and procurement of SFE datasets
- Accountability for the UK Data Warehouse containing customer, sales force activity and secondary data.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: 7th January 2019
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Degree level qualification
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical sales and marketing processes
- Broad commercial experience and insight
- Strong analytical skills, with proven ability to synthesize business questions and deliver solutions to drive improvement in performance
- Excellent influencing and engagement, with ability to engage senior and Global
- stakeholders and challenge based on expertise and personal credibility
- Excellent leadership skills, derived from either direct or matrix team leadership in order to define and build capabilities of functional expert teams and individuals
- Ability to define and shape best practice through looking both internally and externally to GSK
- Self-starter, capable of rapidly building a network of strong relationships
- Familiarity with secondary data sources to measure salesforce effectiveness
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our scientific and technical know-how and talented people. We strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorsation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.