Senior Visual Designer - UX/UI, Open to flexibility
- Contract Type
Senior Visual Designer - UX/UI, Open to flexibility
Who are we?
We are a fresh-faced, small tech & product initiative operating within GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose:
- To help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We use this ethos to guide us in our daily lives and to drive all our goals, values and expectations - how does this make you feel?
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products, and we want you to help us be one of the most trusted and best performing healthcare companies in the world.
What is our purpose?
Our group is a new and emerging team of passionate thinkers and makers, and we're embarking on a journey of discovery and experimentation within the Pharmaceutical industry. We're exploring new ways of using our technology to provide life-saving medicines to the people who really need them, using open and transparent methods, with passionate people with low ego who are eager to learn.
Who we're looking for...
You're a proven expert in Product Design and you're passionate about UX and stunningly beautiful UI design. You thrive on making a meaningful impact to the business and it's customers. You genuinely care and enjoy helping your users, whilst balancing their needs with the business needs. You're in the pursuit of producing tangible outcomes but also have an incredible eye for detail and beauty to exceed and delight our customers. You have excellent interpersonal skills/EQ and you are a low ego learner and teacher. You pride yourself on your ability to collaborate closely with the whole team, not just UX & product.
What you'll be doing...
- You'll report into the Director of Product Design.
- You'll collaborate with your squad of multidisciplinary, passionate people.
- You'll solve real problems through a mix of lean design sprints, workshops and dual track agile.
- You'll envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life that feels inspired but most importantly, human.
- You'll take on complex tasks and translate them into intuitive and accessible experiences that transform the way our customers achieve their objectives, all the way from a first time user to a sophisticated expert.
- You'll closely collaborate and work autonomously with researchers, product managers and engineers to achieve the squads outcomes and metrics.
- You'll build customer journeys, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and whatever other technique in your arsenal you want to adopt to accomplish your goal.
- You'll contribute to a flourishing new design system, by co-creating iconography, typography, colour, space and texture.
- You'll delight in experimentation.
- Last of all, you're an empathetic human and have a low ego. In pharma and healthcare, this has to be ingrained in our culture.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: COP 16th December 2018
What you've accomplished recently...
- You've led design within a multidisciplinary team and delivered experiences to achieve actual outcomes within a Lean UX framework.
- You've accepted that everything is an assumption until you've proven or disproved the hypothesis.
- You've co-created design systems.
- You've established yourself as an evangelist for product design.
- You've crafted beautiful end to end experiences on a variety of platforms, including desktop and mobile.
- You've effectively communicated and presented your designs to teams with rationale and receive feedback with glee.
- You've partnered with researchers and product managers to ascertain the validity of your product and design direction.
- Overall, you care deeply about your customers, both internal and external and have built meaningful and lasting relationships.
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.