Consultant or Senior Consultant, Software Testing, Open to flexibility
Consultant or Senior Consultant, Software Testing, Open to flexibility
In a rapidly changing world where information has a significant value, supply chains are interconnected and there is uncertainty when doing business on a global basis, dependability of IT systems has become a board level issue.
Our team has grown very rapidly in recent years, and continues to do so. We have a large Testing team with over 100 test professionals in the UK. The team combines deep industry knowledge with business advisory experience and technical skills to provide our clients with a wide range of services including testing for Desktop, Web, Mobile; enterprise transformation programmes; and multi-channel/digital programmes. Our Test consultancy team provides strategic advice to our clients where their new and existing technology implementations are at risk.
We help to provide assurance that their applications and system architecture meet the set requirements, including in many cases developing and running the testing strategy, testing projects and individual components (e.g. functional testing, integration testing, load & stress testing, security testing and UAT). Our proposition differs from our competitors as we are not purely delivery focused, we pride ourselves on providing a more consultative and strategic approach to testing.
As part of this role you will be responsible for devising test strategies, advising and managing test automation, reviewing test practices and advising on improvements to the test process. You will get the chance to work with top tier clients across a range of sectors, providing high quality test advisory services. This an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that has a unique position in the test consulting market.
Consultants will have responsibility for:
- Defining test plans for test delivery in large and complex delivery projects and client environments;
- Providing advice on testing tools and leveraging them effectively to deliver a successful outcome
- Reviewing test practices and coaching the team on improvement opportunities;
- Managing test delivery, ensuring the testing meets quality, time and cost objectives;
- Assess project suitability for automation including completion of feasibility studies
- Undertake automated scripting activities using the appropriate tool and framework including creation and execution of scripts, preparation of reports with analysis of tests.
- Enhancing our current test processes and practices
- Revealing and tracking defects plus aiding teams to ensure resolution of recorded issues
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in our Belfast office, with travel to client sites across the UK also being required depending on client and project requirements
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A good awareness of the role that testing tools play in the software development lifecycle, the types of tools and where it is appropriate and useful to apply them
- Demonstrable experience writing and executing automation test scripts using open source and/or commercial test automation tools – Selenium, Visual Studio Test Professional, Cucumber, UFT (formerly QTP)
- Ability to design and implement test automation frameworks
- Experience in administering testing using a Test Management tool (e.g. HP QualityCenter, IBM Rational Quality Manager, QAComplete, Borland Silk Central, Zephyr, TestRail, Testuff, FitNesse)
- Client facing experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven technical ability - combined with strong business acumen
- Demonstrable rapid career progression to date
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Highly desirable for individuals to possess relevant industry consulting experience in Financial Services, Public Sector or Private Sector or have worked within an organisation in one, or more, of those industries in an advisory capacity
- Deep understanding of web, database and testing technologies and frameworks (Oracle, SQLServer, HTML, CSS, XML, jQuery)
- Knowledge of varying test methodologies and processes and a demonstrable track record of implementing them.
- Proven experience in functional, regression, performance, load, and cross-browser testing in modern web applications.
A methodical yet creative approach to testing tasks:
- Systematic coverage of software
- Acute attention to detail
- Novel thinking which helps reveal more obscure errors and failures in IT systems
- Comfortable with prioritising workload according to change and client and business needs
- Articulate scenarios which cause software defects both verbally and written
- Explain test process ideas
- Challenge business processes for improvement
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service: maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 151534