Cloud Engineer, Deloitte Cloud, Open to flexibility
Cloud Engineer, Deloitte Cloud, Open to flexibility
Deloitte Cloud is leading the way in the provision of cloud automation and cloud managed services within Deloitte.
We work with some of the world’s most recognisable organisations, from well-known brands to key government and civic organisations who play important roles in our lives. At our core, we are a team of engineers who pride ourselves in designing, building and running best of breed cloud native infrastructure solutions for all our clients.
We are not afraid to ask ‘why’ and always push to do things better. We are passionate about automation and we all take responsibility to ensure we deliver the best possible experience for our clients. We have a strong bias for action and want to get things done.
To enable us to continue making an impact for our clients and Deloitte, we are actively seeking to recruit people who want to be a part of our journey. We are looking for like-minded people who have a proven track record of learning and applying what they’ve learnt.
Our commitment to your development
We are committed to developing the skills of our teammates; we are as interested in what you want to learn as what you already know. So, if you do not have significant experience of a specific tool or product in our job responsibilities description, do not be discouraged. If you want to develop those skills, we will help.
Your personal characteristics
- Ability to become a trusted advisor to our clients;
- A strong bias for action;
- A passion for technology;
- A desire to learn and continually develop;
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms to address both technical and consultative audiences;
- Great attention to detail;
- Build out AWS infrastructure designs using automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible;
- Contribute to best practice AWS infrastructure designs to the highest standards possible; provide feedback /peer review on designs produced by colleagues
- Take responsibility for all aspects of infrastructure solutions you build: from security by design to creating accompanying high-quality documentation;
- Actively seek out opportunities to automate manual functions and justify reasons to do so to team leaders / management;
- Maintain knowledge of developments in AWS and seek out opportunities to apply new features and functionality to existing design patterns;
- Maintain project progress and documentation using Jira/Confluence
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: This role is based in at our Lincoln Building office in Belfast with occasional travel to other Deloitte locations and client sites.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- 5+ years technical experience working in IT with a strong understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals; compute infrastructure, storage, networking and management thereof;
- Solid understanding of Cloud technologies, including fundamental characteristics of cloud, cloud-native design fundamentals, best practices (such as AWS Well Architected);
- A strong understanding of security concerns around cloud and a willingness to develop AWS infrastructure solutions which are secure by design;
- Strong interest in particular building AWS infrastructure, some experience in doing so allied to a strong desire to develop cloud skills further, including certifications;
- Strong OS knowledge including recent Windows and / or Linux experience;
- Some scripting experience with any modern scripting language (Terraform, Ansible, Python, Powershell preferred) with a strong desire to develop further;
- Understanding of using any of the above technologies to automate tasks allied to a strong desire to build on your existing skills;
- Familiarity with IT support processes and a commitment to produce supportable designs and builds;
- Familiarity with DevOps practices & culture, CI/CD pipelines;
- Willingness to travel occasionally;
- AWS, Azure or GCP certifications;
- Experience of development pipeline technologies such as Jenkins, Git, Github or any competitors thereof;
- Experience of automating infrastructure deployment; using any of CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet;
- Particular Windows / Microsoft ecosystem experience; Azure, Powershell, experience using any of Microsoft’s OS deployment management toolset;
Deloitte Cloud Perks
- 256Gb iPhone 8, Macbook Pro, multi-monitor deskspace
- Access to on-line training platforms such as Udemy and Linkedin Learning;
- Quarterly All-Hands meetups; we share our successes, plans and socialise;
- Regular team breakfasts;
- Certification rewards; ranging from Amazon vouchers to trips to re:Invent;
- Flexible working environment;
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 153349