Change & Communication Consultant, Open to flexibility
Change & Communication Consultant, Open to flexibility
The Change & Communication Consultant – role sits within the Transformation Services team within our OT&T team. Transformation Services is a fast growing, multi-disciplinary team employing consulting professionals with experience across a number of areas such as business transformation, programme management and training development.
Change & Communication Consultants will participate in a variety of projects across multiple industries and are responsible for one or more of the following:
- Leadership alignment;
- Stakeholder engagement and tracking;
- Change impact analysis;
- Communications planning and delivery;
- Business readiness and deployment planning;
- Training needs assessment and development; and
- Benefits realisation.
You will have responsibility for:
- Contributing to the development of work plans as an integral team member for specific components of engagements;
- Interviewing clients’ employees, management team and other stakeholders;
- Running focus groups and facilitating workshops;
- Applying behavioural tools and the use of data analytics to assess organisational culture, the impact of change and readiness for change;
- Learning new technologies along with related business processes, and preparing communications and training materials for end users;
- Preparing business proposals/presentations and demonstrating strong writing skills; and
- Contributing to the growth of the practice, by networking internally, and supporting new business proposals and presentations.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Belfast, Lincoln Building, 27-45 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7SL.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant experience in an industry or consulting team-oriented environment;
- Experience of managing change on transformation programmes;
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills;
- Experience of managing client relationships;
- Experience of contributing to business development, including supporting bids for new clients; and
- Proven experience in multiple organisational change management skills, including stakeholder identification and analysis, detailed change impact assessment, end-user training, and developing and executing organisational change management plans (note this applies to Senior Consultant candidates only)
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Knowledge of typical Finance, Operational and/or HR functions and processes;
- Ability to develop close working relationships both internally and externally;
- Intermediate/advanced computer skills;
- Experience with data analytics;
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changes in workload, systems and processes with resilience and a positive attitude;
- Ability to manage multiple, conflicting deadlines;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively; and
- Understanding of alternative delivery models and managed services
We exist to solve complex problems
- Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact
- We are committed to collaboration
- Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
- We create long-term, sustainable impact
- We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 144398