Consultant/Senior Consultant PMO Specialist, Open to flexibility
Consultant/Senior Consultant PMO Specialist, Open to flexibility
What impact will you make?
The Human Capital practice works with colleagues across Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance to provide innovative and integrated people-focused solutions to clients from a diverse range of industries.
Our practice has two distinct go-to-market capability teams:
- HR Transformation;
- Organisation Transformation & Talent;
As part of the Organisation Transformation & Talent team, you will have the opportunity to work with one or many elite clients in:
- Consumer Business
- Technology, Media and Telecoms
- Energy and Resources
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Public Sector
- Financial Service industry
Our PMO Centre of Excellence is a team of high-calibre PMO specialists and is part of our wide Programme Leadership (PL) team. PL is currently one of the largest programme leadership capabilities in the marketplace and we are renowned for our critical involvement in our clients’ largest and most complex change programmes.
We believe that the ability to manage change is in itself a strategic differentiator and we have developed a range of capabilities and offerings that enable us to deliver successful outcomes for our clients. We work with clients across all industry sectors to translate strategy into programmes of work, to assure their delivery and to embed the project, programme and PMO capability required to support the challenges of large-scale complex change.
Our PMO Centre of Excellence is core to our proposition in the Transformation agenda at Deloitte and this kind of work sits at the heart of any business. So, you'll broaden your skill set and develop quickly, gaining access to the highest levels of client liaison and working on complex, high-profile projects.
The continued success of our PMO Centre of Excellence team means that we are looking to grow further by recruiting project and programme management specialists with experience in across all industries with the right skill set and attitude to performance, growth and development.
You will be based in a Deloitte Belfast office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
You will have responsibility for:
- Assisting with the design, implementation and development of project, programme or portfolio management offices;
- Developing plans and managing critical paths through understanding of the inter-dependencies between workstreams;
- Drafting / reviewing project progress reports and running risk / issue / action / dependency management processes and financial control processes in relation to the programme , project or initiative;
- Preparing / reviewing project / programme financial reports and undertaking financial modelling to prepare budgets and business cases;
- Managing / maintaining project assets ensuring documentation is kept up to date and facilitating effective sharing / communication;
- Mentoring and managing less experienced members of the team.
- To qualify for the role you must have:
- Previous experience of supporting or managing delivery of projects, either within industry or with a consultancy;
- Knowledge of the current market conditions;
- Experience of assisting with the design and development of a PMO;
- Development of project plans across work streams and management of critical paths;
- Understanding and experience of project management methodologies (example PRINCE 2 or Agile);
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Experience of having effectively managed dependencies in a project;
- Experience of mentoring and managing others in a project team;
- Experience of progress reporting and risk management;
- Preparation of programme financial reports as part of a PMO;
- Experience with financial modelling, e.g. preparation of budgets and business cases;
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
You are here:
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
- Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact
- We are committed to collaboration
- Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
- We create long-term, sustainable impact
- We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
- We offer a number of different career pathways
- We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 144394