Trusts & Public Partnerships Officer, part time - 3 days per week
Minority Rights Group International (MRG) is an international non-governmental organisation working to secure rights for ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities worldwide, and to promote co-operation between communities.
MRG is seeking a dynamic and experienced Trusts and Public Partnership Officer to join its Development & Partnerships team. This role will be key to leading on increasing the funding MRG receives from trusts and foundations and beginning work for the organisation on major donors and corporate donors. The post holder will also be asked to engage in statutory fundraising to support other staff in the team during busy periods & will need to take responsibility for a share of donor compliance work.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Build and manage MRG’s relationships with Trusts and Foundations based in the UK and abroad and including small to large Trusts and Foundations.
- Lead on major donor & corporate donor identification, support the Director, senior staff and Trustees to make appropriate approaches, nurture and sustain contact with key individuals and linked initiatives (bearing in mind that MRG does not have individual donors)
- Undertake research and networking to ensure new prospects for funding are identified and developed.
- Work with project implementation staff to plan, design and submit compelling applications to identified trusts and foundations, based on a clear understanding of MRG’s programmes, funding needs and donor requirements.
- Work with project implementation staff to plan, design and submit progress reports to Trusts and Foundations and produce materials of interest and relevant to major donors.
- Develop and implement a donor communication & nurturing strategy vis à vis Trusts & Foundations and major donor prospects (aligned with the overall donor communication & nurturing strategy) and ensure all Trusts & Foundations (existing supporters as well as prospective donors) receive relevant MRG publications and information (annual report, audited accounts, MRG reports).
- Present MRG’s mission, values, programs and activities to Trusts and Foundations and corporate donors and represent MRG at external meetings with donors or other stakeholders.
- Ensure organizational database is kept up-to-date with fundraising exchanges, donors receive timely thanking and donations and associated contract obligations are captured in relevant internal tools.
- Monitor donors for calls for proposals, changes in strategy and any other changes relevant to MRG’s work.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Proven track record of at least one year in successfully identifying and contacting Trusts and Foundations (small to large; based in the UK or abroad)
- Proven track record of at least one year in writing successful funding applications to Trusts and Foundations (small to large; based in the UK or abroad)
- Proven track record of identifying major donor prospects (in ways other than sifting wealthy individuals from an existing set of individual donors) and/or corporate donors
- Proven track record of at least one year in nurturing and securing funding from major donors and/or corporate donors.
- Experience of approaching new donors and meeting face to face with donors.
- One year’s experience of allocating work, quality reviews and meeting deadlines
Please click the apply button below for full details on this role and to make an application