The only cancer bereavement charity in the UK is looking to take on a part-time administrator (16 hours per week) as it embarks on an exciting phase of going from providing local to national support.
The Loss Foundation has established a strong core and is now in a great position to extend its reach and support. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in a range of areas and to join a team of compassionate and forward thinkers.
The role will involve:
- General administration duties
- Email and telephone correspondence
- Responding to enquiries from the public, which may include dealing with emotive content
- Spreadsheet creation and maintenance, and data inputting
- Maintenance of social networking sites
- Liaising with professionals, volunteers and other services
- Coordinating schedules, staff and volunteers
- Organising and scheduling charity events, and updating our website's calendar
- Basic finance (organising payments)
- Taking minutes at meetings
- General charity and Board support
The position will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, and would suit somebody who has previous administrator experience.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL:
- Experience in administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sensitive and empathic manner
- Knowledge and experience of up-to-date social networking
- High level of I.T and computer skills
- Ability to take initiative and a forward thinking approach
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE:
- Experience in administration in the third sector
- Experience of advertising and marketing
- Ability to provide creative and innovative ideas for networking
- An undergraduate degree
The role is based out of a shared working space in Central London, and there is the opportunity for some home working. There is flexibility on how the hours are allocated across the week.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing charity that makes a big difference, and in a flexible role. Start date is January 2019.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter via the apply method below.
We look forward to hearing from you!