Delegate Services Administrator - Part Time
Hours: 20 hours a week over four or five days.
Red Whale is looking for a new delegate services administrator to join our pod. We are a fun bunch who love nothing more than to improve the lives of primary care practitioners and their patients – one update at a time.
We love GPs and their teams, they work tirelessly to help their patients, and we aim to give them the best possible experience at every touchpoint. We use practicing GPs and Primary Care professionals to develop and deliver our materials and courses, so delegates can be sure that we understand their challenges and needs. And if that wasn’t enough, our delegate support team provides them with first-rate customer service every step of their delegate journey.
We offer part-time hours (20 per week - over 4 or 5 days), flexible working arrangements and a salary up to £28,000 (FTE). We are based on the University Campus Reading.
What you should be like:
- You will have excellent customer service skills and a desire to ‘go the extra mile’ to assist our customers.
- As some of the work will be done remotely, we need you to be a self-starter, able to work independently, take the initiative and manage your own priorities. If you can do that and maintain effective lines of communication with your manager and colleagues, you will be trusted to “get on with it”
- You will be a good communicator, both verbally and in writing, clearly and effectively delivering the message whilst being tactful and respectful
- You must be confident in using a range of IT products [MS Office essential, experience of CMS platforms desirable (training on this and the customer contact system will be provided), Skype etc.]
- You MUST have a sense of humour (yes, seriously!)
- Finally, we are a small team and we are not precious about lending a hand, even when it falls outside of the normal scope of our work, whether it’s stamping letters, making tea or using our expertise to help a colleague in need. You must be comfortable with this.
You will be responding to requests for information about a course or product we offer, dealing with client queries and feedback and trouble-shooting a wide variety of issues in relation to course bookings and online learning. The majority of customer interactions will be via email, using the customer service platform that links to our call centre.
A degree of tenacity when problem-solving is integral to the role as some customer queries can be more complex to resolve.
We are flexible on working hours, as long as the team as a whole can ensure coverage of the working day and there is some overlap of working hours with colleagues to facilitate good communication and to ensure customer expectations are met (especially during busy course seasons).
There will be times when our course seasons are very busy. This will result in shifting workloads and might require more flexibility from all team members to ensure customer expectations are met. There will also be occasional On Call cover required from 8.30am during our Spring/Summer/Autumn course seasons.
The full job description is attached.
If you are interested in the role and have the skills and experience, then please apply now.