Finance Manager - Part Time - Up to 30 hours per week - Open to flexible working
The Timewise Foundation is the UK’s leading change agent for flexible working and flexible hiring.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager for up to 30 hours per week, and are open to a number of flexible working options.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will have responsibility for the day to day financial control and management of the organisation. You are likely to be a fully qualified, ‘hands on’ finance professional, with experience of delivering process improvement.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To have responsibility for the day to day financial management and control of the organisation
- To produce timely and accurate management reporting
- To support the Finance Director in improving processes and systems to maximise reporting efficiency, including financial modelling.
Control and manage all finance processes including:
- Production of monthly management accounts to include monitoring of financial performance against budgets and forecasts, monthly cash flow and balance sheet reporting, consolidated in to a consistent monthly reporting pack
- Engage with budget holders on income pipeline reporting and ensure revenue recognition in line with project delivery and contractual timelines
- Oversee day to day financial matters including payment authorisations, VAT returns and debtor control
- Support the Finance Director with the annual budget process through budget modelling and liaison with budget holders
- Produce KPI reporting which supports the growth strategy of the business
- Produce funder and investor reporting to meet requirements
- Prepare the year end audit file and liaise with the external auditors
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with relevant statutory regulations and legislation, evidencing suitable controls
- Day to day control of the financial systems, policies and procedures, ensuring they are robust, compliant and support current business needs and future growth.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified or experienced part-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Proven track record as a successful finance professional, with experience of management accounts
- Experience with financial modelling and an analytical approach and enquiring mind to assess, identify and implement solutions to improve processes and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance people including presentations to the management team
- A self-starter, able to prioritise and manage multiple demands and deadlines
- Ability to manage the day to day activities whilst looking to longer term objectives such as system or process improvements.
- Knowledge of accounting within a not-for-profit organisation
- Detailed working knowledge of Xero.
- The role holder will work closely with the Finance Director, as well as engaging, as needed, with the Managing Director and CEO. There will be a need to form effective working relationships with all budget holders.
This role is expected to be ca. 30 hours per week, ideally with some flexibility around days to fit in with business demands. We are open to discussing various flexible working options including some working from home
Please apply via the button below with your CV and a covering message.
This is a rolling recruitment and interviews may take place before the closing date, so please don't delay in applying.
We look forward to hearing from you.