Director of Policy, Risk and Compliance, Open to flexible working
Director of Policy, Risk and Compliance, Open to flexible working
In this role you will join a high performing team focused on improvements and changes within the global supply chain. Specifically, you will work with critical stakeholders in the Vaccines, RX and Consumer Health supply chain business areas to question, challenge and improve business practices. Leading a team of direct employees, you will coordinate across all global manufacturing sites to drive policy, risk and compliance improvements, establishing a shared agenda and understanding of risk and compliance responsibilities across various parts of the organisation.
You will influence people across the business, striking the correct balance in approach to win over others and drive difficult changes. You will be a strategic leader and will be a key contributor to the overall leadership of the Policy, Risk and Compliance Team in Global Procurement.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic leadership to determine the policy, risk and compliance agenda across Global Procurement, such that:
- Global Procurement is effective in identifying and managing risk;
- Global Procurement Leadership is confident, and has objective evidence of, control in their area; and
- Written Standards are simple and effective
- Leading relationships with senior stakeholders in central policy, risk & compliance groups such as Global Ethics & Compliance, Audit & Assurance and Quality
- Coaching and mentor Global Procurement Leadership on GSK expectations for effective control of policy, risk and compliance
- Negotiating Global Procurement role in Enterprise policy, risk and compliance initiatives
- Shaping Global Procurement approach to executing against the policy, risk and compliance agenda
- Developing an efficient and effective model for how the CoE Policy, Risk & Compliance Team will support execution of the policy, risk and compliance agenda across Global Procurement
- Establishing governance and reporting for the policy, risk and compliance agenda, ensuring there is clear accountability for who is managing the risks; leadership understand and fulfill applicable risk reporting requirements; and policy, risk and compliance issues are escalated to an appropriate Risk Management and Compliance Board
- Lead direct reports and contribute to overall leadership of the CoE Policy, Risk and Compliance Team, such that the team develops fit for purpose capability and experience to drive delivery of Procurement's policy, risk and compliance agenda
To excel in this position you will be an experienced professional with significant knowledge of the Directs/Manufacturing and Supply Chain procurement space. You will be an effective communicator who can influence at all levels using both written and verbal methods. You will thrive on change and be excited by the opportunity to influence the development of GSK's industry leading policies. In this period of change, you will coordinate between three supply chain businesses (RX, CH and Vaccines) and their newly build leadership teams, using this opportunity to critically assess current practices and effectively deploy brand new ideas.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Tuesday 15th January (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Degree level qualification in any relevant area (this could cover sciences, manufacturing or supply chain and business areas)
- Significant experience influencing high level stakeholders in a complex, matrix organisation
- Considerable experience in procurement, risk management, quality or related field
- Track record of driving performance and change in environments with significant complexity and ambiguity
- Experience of regulated environments or good working knowledge of manufacturing quality
- Procurement experience across 'Directs' or Manufacturing Supply chain areas
- Experience working across global and cross functional teams
- Fluency in English for global communications
- Higher level degrees such as master's qualifications are viewed positively
- Additional relevant qualifications in supply chain or procurement are an advantage
- Experience in GXP Pharmaceutical compliance and manufacturing
- Industry experience covering the FMCG, FMCH or similar highly regulated manufacturing areas
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.