Statutory Compliance Finance Manager, GWS EMEA (Part Time)
Job Title: Statutory Compliance Finance Manager, GWS EMEA
- Managing statutory compliance across all legal entities within GWS EMEA, co-ordinating the required internal and external teams;
- Developing, Documenting and Implementing Statutory Accounting Policies and Procedures to ensure consistency and conformity across entities, sub regions and the EMEA region.
This requires a knowledge of the CBRE business structures and key contacts in each of the businesses; an excellent working knowledge of the CBRE systems, financial software applications and processes; and being able to facilitate the discussion and resolution of differences between different parties.
- Ensure processes/policy updated periodically and communicated to team to enable consistency and efficiency around compliance
- Co-ordinate any further changes to auditors/ engagement letters/ fee approvals/ overruns as required
- Ensure appropriate CFS team in place, and recruit where required
- Update information regarding statutory filing deadlines
- Maintain up-to-date tracker of all GWS EMEA entities holding information on responsibilities, deadlines, auditor information, filings etc
- Work with local teams to overcome barriers to timely clean audit completions
- Maintain master list of GWS EMEA entities and type
- Co-ordinate shareholder approvals via approval sign-off sheet required by Co-Sec
- Identify and communicate to management key risks around compliance
- To review Encompass SFS workflows and update as suitable for the business
- Roll forward/maintain Encompass site working with Advisory/Tax
- Liaise with FC’s/Advisory team to confirm workflows are appropriate
- Liaise with Tax to ensure consistent GWS EMEA reporting
- Arrange periodic training for users/admins as required
- Review site to ensure all mandatory documents are filed as required
- Act as point of contact to GWS Financial Accountants and Process Owners and provide support when issues arrive
- Maintain system to be an accurate single point of reference for entities and compliance
- Ensure recurring reports are accurately run and provided to senior leadership
- Ensure new acquisitions and joint ventures are set up correctly in the Group consolidation system in line with US GAAP requirements
- Ensure correct accounting treatment for entity changes are accurately prepared, documented and completed within ERP and consolidation tools
- Work with internal teams and external advisers to set up new legal entities
- Work with Legal/Co-Sec/Tax/Treasury/Local finance to ensure entity changes are completed on a timely basis and process is agreed and adhered to
Education: A recognised Accountancy Qualification equivalent to ACA in the UK.
Training: Formal training in the use of Excel Word and presentation software packages.
Must have experience of working in a similar role in a large corporate business within the services sector similar to CBRE.
Ideally will have experience of using PeopleSoft MyFinance and HFM Hyperion accounting packages.
IT Skills to lead process and reporting developments.
Ability to shape, lead and influence other senior managers.
Develop alternative solutions to problems and present with impact.
Well developed, strong communication skills enabling the individual to work with Board Members, clients, suppliers, and staff to all levels and abilities.
Committed to the delivery of excellence of customer service.
Calm manner, able to work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities.
Highly organised, and able to effectively undertake many tasks at the same time.
Able to make sound decisions when needed and take responsibility for outcomes.
Must be detailed, conscious and methodical in approach.
Confidential manner, able to deal discretely with sensitive information.
A team player, able to work with both CBRE staff of all levels and external customers or third parties.
Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time.
Ability to communicate in different languages would be an advantage but not essential.
- Policies and procedures are documented, complied with, relevant, reviewed and complete.
- Statutory Accounts are filed on a timely basis and in line with policy (including reconciliations and control sheet sign offs).
- Audit fees, additional fees and overruns are collated on a timely basis and communicated to the Audit Committee for approval.
- Up to date master list of entities, audit requirements, contact details and status is maintained.
- Ad hoc queries dealt with in a timely manner and to the required standards, with stakeholder expectations managed accordingly.
- Accurate and up to date monthly report on Statutory Account filings is run for senior leadership.
- Site is maintained and reviewed for completeness and accuracy.
- Users have access and are trained on how to use Encompass. Any issues resolved on a timely basis.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and interviews will take place as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this job, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter via the apply method below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.