Senior Manager - Data Strategy, Change & Innovation, Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
Senior Manager, Data Strategy, Change & Innovation (x3 positions)
Location: Leeds, Edinburgh & Hove
Salary: £59,700 to £87,560
Package: Good performance bonus, good pension, flexible cash pot, flexible & agile working.
Lloyds Banking Group & Group Transformation:
LBG is the UK's leading digital bank, with over 30 million UK customers across our three main brands, as well as the UK's biggest mobile bank.
Our culture in Group Transformation brings together smart, talented, driven people from diverse backgrounds; people are at the core of who we are. Your opportunity to connect with your team, provide innovative solutions and support the creation of an environment where all can thrive is critical to your success.
What are the Divisional Data Offices?
Lloyds Banking Group recognises that data is a significant business differentiator for financial services companies. Nowadays, across the banking industry, Data Management is receiving increased attention and focus. LBG is looking to drive a more sophisticated approach to how it handles data to support transformation and digitisation of each business and the ability to optimise interactions with its customers. In line with this goal, Divisional Data Offices have been set up in each business/division (eg Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Insurance& Wealth etc) to ensure overall ownership and oversight of end to end Data Management disciplines that lead to trusted, well understood data, including Data Strategy & Innovation, Data Governance, Data Quality Management, Metadata Management.
So what is the role?
The Data Strategy, Change and Innovation Senior Manager is responsible for leading and shaping projects and initiatives across specific value streams within the group to drive the Enterprise Data Strategy and help realise our Group aspirations.
This will include supporting data change related activities, aligning activities to the strategy and introducing and embedding innovative uses of data and technology to drive leadership and new ways of doing things across the Group's data management activities.
The Data Strategy, Change and Innovation Senior Manager will lead development of the overall strategy for data management within their value stream, along with designing the Data Management operating model. They will work across or within the Business to ensure that the organisational link between data and business value is well understood and that data is managed as a group asset. They will set the standards and frameworks for data management and ensure that appropriate capabilities (tools, training, processes) are in place to deliver the right data outcomes. They will set targets for data management outcomes and work with or as part of Divisional Data Offices to ensure that the right activity is underway to deliver expected outcomes and meet set targets. Data Strategy, Change and Innovation Senior Manager will deliver appropriate oversight to certify that data management activity is effective across the organisation/or within a specific Division and ensure that data risk is minimised so that data value outcomes can be achieved.
Other specific tasks include:
- Support Head of Data Strategy, Change and Innovation or Divisional Head of Data Management in shaping and executing packages of work to support the strategic direction for data, including implementing transformational operating model, new and innovative POCs and interacting across Chief Data Office/Divisional Data Office to coordinate wider delivery
- Working with teams of CDO/DDO colleagues to address high priority and time-critical data challenges
- Engage with senior executives and gain a detailed understanding of the data aspects of key projects in transformation, building board-level updates and reports to document progress of in-flight strategic initiatives
- Set governance and communications agenda to ensure effective delivery of data strategies and CDO/DDO initiatives
- Lead measurement and tracking of programmes and carrying out of performance reporting in line with Group strategy to uplift data capability
What background are we looking for?
We would like to see experience across various Data Management disciplines like Data Quality, Data Architecture or Metadata, with a proven track record of success, in combination with great communication and stakeholder management skills. You will also have had exposure coaching and developing other staff including full line management.
Furthermore we would ideally like to see:
- Deep understanding of how data is used in the business and what are the most critical types of data.
- Ability to lead the development of key strategic initiatives
- Experience of shaping and supporting the execution of strategic information and data management programmes.
- Deep experience of major data-centric change programs whilst embedding central standards and approaches
Personal qualities Lloyds Banking Group looks for include great verbal and written communication skills, emotional resilience and the ability to keep the customer at the heart of everything you do.
What Lloyds can Offer:
In return we'll offer you a competitive salary, a great package including a performance related bonus, generous pension contribution, generous annual leave allowance, flexible cash pot and private medical insurance. Training and personal development should always be a focus.
We also support a good work-life balance with agile working, home-working, a focus upon personal development and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace. Together we make it possible.