Workday Functional Analyst, Open to flexibility
Workday Functional Analyst, Open to flexibility
As the Workday Functional Analyst, you will be responsible for solution design, change management and blueprint control of Workday Configuration to support global/local enhancements or change requests contributing ongoing maintenance and enhancement of our global HR system. You will likely be aligned to one area but in some cases, it may be necessary/appropriate to split the role's focus more than one specialism.
The preferred location for this role is Brentford, UK however we encourage applications from Mississauga, Canada and RTP, USA as well.
The role will provide systems support and analysis and is expected to leverage the technology to provide solutions to meet the business requirements. Business requirements will be submitted by HR and other users of HR information systems throughout the company. An excellent attention to detail is required as all changes are subject to compliance and governance audit processes and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively will be essential in this case. The successful candidate will be required to present globally impacting functional solutions to key stakeholders at Design Authority to gain approval to progress the changes whilst protecting the global design template and promoting the Workday brand.
- A sound knowledge of HR systems and processes with considerable experience in HR System Administration or Support. Specific Workday experience is desirable
- Strong learning agility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Confident to make routine decisions and challenge stakeholders appropriately in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Be IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Packages including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Case Management Tools, etc.
- The role requires an investigative nature, the desire to problem solve and ability to think outside of the box
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and notable ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to manage and analyse substantial amounts of data
- Experience of release management would be an advantage but not essential
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 17TH January to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- 2 years+ Workday System Administration or ••• 2 years+ Workday System Administration or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a complex Global corporation
- Detailed knowledge of business processes and understanding of Workday Security and Reporting
- Functional understanding and extensive experience of Calculated Fields
Additional Experience for Compensation / Talent & Performance alignment
- Experience of an Annual Performance and Reward Cycle or equivalent (Performance, Merit & Bonus)
- see above
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive On Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.