Finance & Operations Manager - full time/part time/flexible hours
Finance & Operations Manager (full time/part time/flexible hours)
- CFO/COO role for a venture capital firm that acts as a catalyst for start-ups in the science and technology sectors
- A leadership role reporting to partners, which would suit a qualified accountant
- Dynamic working environment
- Oxford-based office
- Salary up to £65k FTE
- Part time / flexible working hours welcomed.
… is a young and ambitious venture capital firm who conduct research analysis and provide advisory services to grant-funded spin-out companies, emerging from UK universities. They specialise in the life sciences, green energy, and the software and IT sectors.
More About The Position…
The successful candidate should be highly motivated and entrepreneurial with a willingness to multi task and perform outward facing roles, managing the relationship with the external service providers including the fund administrator as well as interfacing with investors in the fund.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Act as the finance director for the partnership, managing all financial affairs including:
- Check expense reports and receipts, pay invoices, manage payroll and PAYE, make pension payments to NEST, and reconcile bank accounts
- Produce monthly management accounts, cash flow updates and forecasts.
- Submit VAT returns, check Fund Manager’s billing schedule and invoice for fees, prepare information for partner’s meetings and take minutes.
- Prepare year end bank reconciliation, accruals schedule, income schedule, petty cash records, bank statements and trade debtor invoices
- Liaise with accountants to draft and submit the partnership tax return
- Submit compliance reports to FCA after liaising with compliance consultant
- Organise preparation of and signing of accounts and file at Companies House
- Prepare annual budget budgets.
- Monitoring the fund administrator by mirroring the accounting records of the fund internally
- Overseeing the financial reporting to the firm’s investors by the administrator
- Check and submit investment advisory documentation to the firm’s fund manager
- Monitor production of EIS certificates by investee companies, ensure they are sent to investors on time.
- Act as the compliance officer for the firm, submitting filings and reports to the FCA as required. (The firm is currently a registered representative of a third party but is in the process of applying to the FCA to be regulated as an investment adviser in its own right. It is anticipated that they will seek to upgrade its regulatory status to include fund management in the future)
- Liaise with the firm’s key client, to provide “know your client” (KYC) information on investors
- Oversea accuracy and internally produced investment materials and reports
- Ensure that any external communications with clients and investor events comply with FCA regulations.
- Manage administrative requirements and take minutes for Partners meetings and Investment Advisory Committee meetings
- Assist investors with completion of investment documentation
- Following up on investor requests for information and support
- Undertake ad hoc administrative tasks as required.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- Accountancy qualifications, preferably ACA
- A good undergraduate degree from a leading University
- Ideally some legal qualification or experience
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable experience of financial responsibility in a commercial environment.
Apply for Finance & Operations Manager - full time/part time/flexible hours
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly