Quality Engineer (full-time/part time/ home-working)
- Quality Engineer required for fast growing Oxford University Spin out specialising in disruptive technology
- Flexible hours and home working with up to full time hours
- £35-37k FTE
- Newly refurbished Oxford Office
The company was founded in 2015 as a spin-out from The University of Oxford. The company raised £6.1 million in April 2018 to support rapid growth, product optimisation and customer base expansion.
They produce the most precise and accurate flow control valves in the world. Its range of pressure flow regulators are a fraction of the weight of traditional products and virtually maintenance free. This disruptive technology is used in water & gas distribution networks, oil & gas processes, and other industrial applications. Pressure Reducing Valves (PRVs) represent a $3.5bn sector of the global $65bn valve & actuator market.
The position is located at our newly refurbished offices in Oxford, only 10 minutes’ walk from the train station. The right candidate will receive a competitive salary with generous benefits package. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast-growing company.
The company is looking for a QA Engineer to manage our Quality System, reporting to the Operations Director, ensuring product quality and our on-going conformance to the ISO9001 requirements.
A key part of the role is leading our applications for industry certification and pressure system regulations (European Pressure Equipment Directive, PED) for our current and newly developing product range. Managing and supporting product verification, industry certification, product commercialisation and testing will comprise the other aspects of the role for the QA Engineer.
QA Engineer Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Operations Director, the QA Engineer will be responsible for:
- Quality assurance leader - (Within an agreed ~3 months to become QA Manager). Responsible for the companies QMS and ISO 9001 accredited system, ensuring future quality audit success. To champion quality across the company, leading by example and encouraging others, with excellent skills in procedural document management and control
- Industry certification - leading our industry certification application processes, providing products for test and to maintain regular communication to ensure timely results
- Certification and standards awareness across the company - develop an awareness programme for industry standardisation covering Legal UK & European, US and ME regulations and standards for water & gas distribution, and O&G. To provide the link for the company with relevant industry bodies eg BVAA, IMechE and IGEM
- Pressure Equipment Directive - supporting product PED applications with our Notified Body. (Detailed knowledge of PED is not expected, but the ability and interest to learn is)
- Product quality - assist the internal compliance team to determine reporting requirements, help provide compliance evidence, liaising with technical teams to generate supporting data/information where appropriate. To compile and manage technical data & information from a variety of internal and external sources. To support product quality and conformance, lead product non-compliance, and support product returns/ non-compliance investigations
- Product final verification - lead product final verification, identifying internal testing requirements to meet industry certification. Ensure the quality of completed products leaving the company, supporting all final verification activity (FAT)
- Planning - support internal and external QA audits, PED applications with our Notified Body, and our industry certification planning
- Materials lead for certification - understanding materials for product certification, lead within Ops team, providing materials knowledge (steel, polymers, seals, etc.) and support to Product Commercialisation and R&D team requirements (from certification viewpoint)
- Product testing - supporting safe pressure testing (air or liquid), providing the lead on internal workshop-based testing. Working closely with the assembly & production team, understanding and organising internal testing requirements. Maintaining a database of relevant external testing facilities. Identification of wider testing requirements and scheduling of external testing, obtaining quotes, scheduling items for test
- Technical reporting - determine technical reporting requirements, specified both by client and industry regulation, assisting the internal compliance team to determine reporting requirements.
Desirable skills include: ·
- A good degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience in relevant industries within the past 2 - 3 years
- Sound understanding of ISO9001 with experience of providing quality leadership
- An understanding of product quality management, and the importance of industry standards and compliance
- Requirements to entering markets with appropriate product commercialisation through certification
- Knowledge of fluid flow systems, testing and materials
- Procedure developments in an engineering setting
- Product compliance in different continents
- Project engineering.
Apply for Quality Engineer (full-time/part time/ home-working)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly