Communications & Marketing Officer - 21 hours per week, Maternity Cover
At Hightown we believe that everyone should have a home and the support that they need. Our operations touch the lives of a wide range of people: from people with severe learning disabilities, to young people struggling to move out of their family home. We aim to help those who are excluded by the private market.
We are an active member of the Homes for Cathy Group, a national alliance of housing associations whose aim is to raise awareness of the needs of homeless people.
We have big ambitions for our size. We believe that we can help to tackle the Housing Crisis by building as many homes as we can.
- Manage over 5,500 homes
- Have an annual turnover of over £71million
- Operate 80 care and support services
- Have over 900 dedicated staff
We are looking for a part time (21 hours per week) motivated Communications & Marketing Officer to help us champion social housing and raise awareness of the growing homelessness crisis. This is a maternity cover.
Your role will be varied and you will be involved in a range of marcomms activities. You will be part of a friendly, dynamic team where you will be encouraged to actively pursue new ideas.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must, but you will also need to be a self-starter who is comfortable working to tight deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
We`re looking for someone who can:
- Help us to raise awareness of key issues contributing to the problem of homelessness
- Craft creative marketing campaigns and monitor their success
- Maintain public facing communications channels, including our website, social media and print materials
- Help Hightown deliver events for our key stakeholders and staff
- Work effectively with external agencies and partner organisations to deliver coordinated communications
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £17,679 pa for a 21hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Communications & Marketing Officer please click `apply` below.
Please also click below for a copy of the job description.
Closing date: Monday 28th January 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 6th February 2019