Payroll Assistant & Bookkeeper (Part Time)
Job Title: Payroll Assistant & Bookkeeper
Location: Richmond, Surrey, TW9
Hours: 20-24 hours per week, flexible over 3-5 days per week
Start: February 2019
Based in Richmond, Surrey, Orsa Saiwai (www.orsasaiwai.com) is a niche provider of Accountancy, Corporate Management and Business Support Services.
Since 2007, we have been advising and assisting small and medium sized U.S. and international corporations through every stage of their U.K. and E.U. setup, growth and development.
We have a diverse range of clients who are typically headquartered in the U.S. but also have established businesses in the U.K / E.U, with payrolls ranging from 15 to 200+ employees per month.
In this dual role, we are seeking a hands-on, motivated and highly diligent Payroll Assistant & Bookkeeper with exceptional attention to detail, to support both our Payroll Manager and Management Accountant.
The role will be based at our offices in Richmond, Surrey (TW9), on a 20-24 hours per week basis, flexibly spread over 3-5 days per week, Monday to Friday.
The role will be 60% Payroll focused and 40% Bookkeeping focused.
Supporting a Payroll Manager in the Payroll Assistant role, you will;
- Have a minimum of 3 years, hands-on, Payroll experience i.e. in your current or recent role, you play an essential, active and hands-on part in the inputting, preparation, checking and processing of monthly payroll
- Accurately enter new stater details on payroll platform
- Validate and sense-check payslip / payslip analysis against clients’ monthly Payroll Inputs prior to sign-off
- Ensure employee tax code changes have been captured and correctly applied
- Calculate, apply and validate ad-hoc and additional pay and deduction items including; bonus payments, net payments, unpaid leave, overtime, travel allowances, student loans, SSP, SMP, SPP, attachment of earnings and pro-rate payments for starters & leavers
- Understand RTI and Tax Year End processes including P11D inputs and preparation
- Oversee payslip / P45 / P11D / P60 distribution to clients’ employees
- Prepare and upload monthly pension contribution schedules online to Aviva, Royal London etc. company pension schemes and administer employee pension opt-outs
- Provide Private Health Insurers (eg. Bupa, AXA-PPP) with new starter and leaver details and ensure schemes and members list are fully up to date
- Handle, investigate and resolve any post-payroll queries from our clients and their employees employees
- Personal experience using IRIS payroll or Moorepay payroll platforms or, experience and hands-on, competence using a range of other mainstrain payroll software solutions.
Supporting a Management Accountant, in the Bookkeeping role, you will;
- Have 3+ years Bookkeping experience, within a small-to-medium sized accountancy practice
- Produce sales invoices and credit notes as required
- Balance monthly accounts
- Input quarterly VAT return data
- Reconcile bank statements
- Post and verify transactions
- Perform month-end duties
- Maintain Profit and Loss accounts and balance sheets
- Use Netsuite, Quickbooks, Xero and IRIS Accounting software packages.
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Numerically skilled and savvy
- Intermediate / Advanced Excel proficiency
- Hold a recognised Payroll Technician Qualification and / or AAT Qualification.
If you believe that you have the skills and experience to be successful at this role, please apply via the button below with your CV and a covering message.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for Payroll Assistant & Bookkeeper (Part Time)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly