Talent Manager Part-time
About the role
You will be an integral member of Newington’s highly motivated and dedicated Administration Team, whose work is vital to our continued success. You will work across Newington’s three divisions and report to the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure that Newington’s HR practices align with the company’s strategic goals, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence
- Manage an effective recruitment and induction process, ensuring that we attract the best talent, that we appoint the best candidate and that we give a consistently positive welcome to new starters
- Coordinate Newington’s review process, helping staff to use constructive feedback as tool for their development and the development of colleagues
- Manage Newington’s training schedule and roster of training providers, supporting staff to develop their skills and competencies
- Coordinate Newington’s mentoring programme, providing junior colleagues with the opportunity to learn from the experience of others within the company
- Provide first line advice on HR-related matters for staff and managers
- Support relevant members of the Senior Management Team and legal counsel, in dealing with complex employee relations casework including dispute resolution, disciplinary, grievance, absences etc.
- Liaise with the Head of Finance to ensure payroll and record keeping is accurate
- Monitor the implementation of HR policies and processes, and raise any issues of misinterpretation or misunderstanding
- Support change management process and the effective communication to staff
- Help to identify HR issues, including through the analysis of exit interviews
- Keep under review the competitiveness of Newington’s benefits package in attracting and retaining talent
- Manage, in consultation with the Board and in liaison with the Head of Finance, the details of a fair and transparent bonus system
What we are looking for
- Be trained in HR and have recent practical experience
- Be an enthusiastic team player who is able to inspire confidence
- Be an excellent communicator who has strong emotional intelligence
- Be commercially astute and a problem solver
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced workplace and managing competing deadlines
- Be highly organised with an eye for detail
- Have a strong sense of fairness and ethical behaviour
- Experience of Netsuite would be an asset
Newington is an award winning political and corporate communications consultancy. Established in 2006, and formerly known as Bellenden, our sustained growth of over 20% per year makes us one of the fastest growing consultancies in the UK, as rated by PRWeek 2018. We’ve built a reputation as an ambitious agency that values creativity, hard work, integrity and that cares about building long-lasting partnerships. That means we’re not afraid to tackle tough issues, to ask challenging questions, and to work collaboratively.
Our 50-plus team of skilled consultants work across a variety of different disciplines and sectors to consistently deliver demonstrable results for our clients. Our services include advocacy to help our clients influence policy in Westminster and Whitehall; strategic counsel to help our clients’ senior teams make genuinely informed decisions; intelligence gathering and horizon scanning to keep our clients up to date and prepared to act; content creation to ensure our clients have a compelling and credible story to tell; community engagement to foster grass-roots support; profile raising to position our clients as thought leaders; and crisis communications to support our clients through the most difficult times.
We are proud that throughout our history we have been standard bearers for transparency and ethics. We strongly support and adhere to the Public Affairs Board code of conduct, and we are signatories of the Statutory Register of Consultant Lobbyists and the Scottish Lobbying Register.
In 2016 we joined SEC Group, a growing global partnership of consultancies through which we can offer international reach for our clients.
Apply for Talent Manager Part-time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly