Global Process Owner - O2C, Open to flexible working
Global Process Owner - O2C, Open to flexible working
Finance Stars wanted! We are searching for a GPO, Order to Cash who can make a positive difference to Finance Services and GSK as a whole and who can inspire others to the same. Come and join the team! Together we can serve our GSK colleagues to enable them to help patients and consumers around the globe to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
The Global Process Owner (GPO) is accountable to the business for the definition and operational effectiveness of the enterprise-wide global business process they 'own'. The role will ensure the process within their scope, is designed to ultimately drive business benefit and to make it easier for employees utilising the process.
Assessing external benchmark and best practice trends, the GPO will support definition of the long term GSK-wide process vision, strategy, objectives and performance goals, as well as the operating model required to effectively execute the process in scope. The GPO will need to ensure the process vision is aligned with GSK business and IT strategies. The role will be expected to work very closely with the 'Head of Process & Operations', the 'Operations Lead' and other GPOs across the business, to understand touch points and align on opportunities.
Partnering with the business, the GPO will define and execute a roadmap to move the organisation from the 'current state' to the desired 'future state'. They will need to contract with business teams to ensure improvements / changes to the process and/or operating model truly drive business value and make it easier for the employees utilising the process. Benefits will need to be defined and measured.
In consultation with business and operational teams the GPO will lead identification, prioritisation, and delivery of process improvements, ensuring they support organisational outcomes and business results. Additionally, the GPO will need to ensure the process framework is sustainable by monitoring adoption and adherence. Where improvements require IT system changes, the GPO is responsible for ensuring any system design meets business requirements, with a focus on strategic applications (e.g., Global ERP and Workday).
The nature of the GPO role will vary over time - sometimes the focus will be on significant transformation and at other times it will be on keeping the process on track and driving process adoption / adherence.
The position is crucial in realising the benefits of the investments GSK has already made in global systems and standards.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
Responsibilities fall into 5 key areas.
- Support the vision and define the roadmap (for the global process they own) to drive business benefit, continuous improvement and ease of process use for the end user. Define how GSK will move from the current state to the desired future state (for the process in scope)
- Define and refine the solution (i.e., system, process & data) by:
- Manage prioritisation and support delivery
- Embed and grow organisational capability
- Optimise extraction of solution value
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 31st Jan 2019 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- University degree (BSc or equivalent)
- Subject matter expertise with strong process improvement experience
- Experience leading multi-functional teams within a matrix environment - including managing senior stakeholders
- Experience of Pharma, consumer goods / FMCG sector preferred
- Large scale business transformation experience preferred
- Project / Programme Management experience
- Strong change leadership experience
- Senior stakeholder managements skills and experience engaging business customers
- Ability to stay 'close to the ground' (globally) to understand the 'real' end-user experience and perspective
- Sound understanding of process simplification and standardisation and proven experience in global process roll-out
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to work flexibly within a matrix team
- Possess solid experience of systems and processes (e.g., ERP/Workday (within relevant process area and integration points with other process areas
- Good knowledge of process design, lean sigma and other process improvement approaches
- Broad knowledge across the end-to-end processes and ERP functionality to support these components
- See above
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive on Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.