Events Co-ordinator / Team Assistant, City of London (Open to flexible working)
Our client is a not for profit real-estate trade association based in the city, they are looking for an Events Co-ordinator / Team Assistant to join their small team.
Candidates will be a confident and approachable individual with good relationship building skills, working with high levels of accuracy as attention to detail in this role is essential
Strong time management skills are needed, with the ability to use own initiative and prioritise tasks.
- Mail chimp – event marketing, newsletter, announcements
- PowerPoint – collate speaker presentations for events / prepare slides for conferences
- Survey Monkey – useful to have experience
- Xero – training to be provided
- Slideo – useful but not essential
- Preparation and planning of all events from the registration process through to delivery.
- Identify conference amenities for major events working with the MD to develop and maintain budgets.
- Administer sponsorships, eg monitor receipt of sponsorship fees and update the sponsor spreadsheet, ensuring sponsors are on schedule with timelines for payment
Organise a black tie dinner in September 2019
- Process new membership applications and coordinate membership renewals on a timely basis
- Issue non automated welcome emails for new members and thank you email for member renewals Produce and issue invoices as well as enter payments into Xero and the database
- Ongoing maintenance of database reflecting member updates
- Field daily enquiries from website and properly direct all other questions to the appropriate staff member.
- Creating and scheduling blast e-mails, including weekly member updates, pre- and post-conference blasts, upcoming events, committee notices, etc.
- Manage daily updates of the website, including weekly updating, editing and posting of information
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for vendors, including printers, IT support.
Assist CEO to schedule meetings for committee and board meetings/calls
- Support finance manager – generating invoices, posting invoices and reconciliation (0.5 days per week)
- Assist finance manager with financial audit (annual process)
- Ordering and maintaining stationery supplies e.g. ordering printer cartridges, ensuring stock of name badges etc.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day operational challenges e.g. systems crash / printer failure
Flexibility: Full time flexible working, need to be available on occasion to attend events out of normal office hours
Location: City of London
Recruiter contact: Linda Baldwin