Part time Greek Regional Financial Controller – London
Our client is a global professional services organisation, they are seeking a Greek Regional Financial Controller.
The role is responsible for managing accounting, statutory and tax compliance activities, along with financial accounting and control oversight of the Greek business unit.
The jobholder is expected to have the ability, eagerness and drive to work within a wide network of colleagues, departments and outsourced services to deliver a world-class accounting and compliance operation. The role is located within Accounting Operations based in London. The role requires strong relationship building with outsourced professional accounting and compliance service providers, tax agents and auditors.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Management of Greek reporting activities.
- Stewardship and review of accounts of assigned entities for both group and local financial reporting compliance requirements.
- Ensure appropriateness of controls for internal and external compliance.
- Monthly balance sheet and P&L reviews.
- Monitor the month-end close process for assigned entities and ensure that critical financial processes and reconciliation obligations are met.
- Maintenance of key SOX controls and SOX evidentiary requirements.
- Manage the relationship with departments of Global and Regional Tax, Business Finance, External Reporting, Internal Audit, Treasury, Finance Operations, Divisional Business Units, and external statutory auditors and outsourced professional service providers.
- Manage all operational compliance requirements for assigned entities, including:
- Oversight and review of the preparation and delivery of statutory accounts and tax returns by outsourced professional service providers;
- internal tax reporting;
- supporting tax audits, transfer pricing reviews, tax risk assessments, and implementation of tax strategies;
- Working with external statutory auditors to deliver the statutory audit of assigned entities on-time; and
- Ensure all filing and reporting deadlines are met.
- Support company secretarial compliance requirements and work with external corporate secretarial agencies or service providers as and where required.
- Plan for and support all monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting and internal reporting requirements, including tax provisioning and group reporting.
- Take an active role in legal entity (or divisional) restructuring projects and acquisition or divestiture projects for the sub-region and ensure that entities and businesses either conform with or are integrated into the firm’s accounting and finance controls and processes.
- Plan for and deliver all operational requirements of assigned entities within cost budgets.
- Drive process improvements and increase usage of automation and robotics.
- Global accounting teams
- Corporate and indirect tax teams
- Third parties for outsourced functions
- Business finance
- Company secretarial
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Good knowledge of local reporting requirements in Greece
- Statutory reporting experience
- Management reporting experience
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, quantitative and investigative skills; ability to present complex data in a simplified and meaningful way
- Ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve standard and complex issues
- Proven ability to form strong relationships with customer and stakeholders
- Proven ability to relate to all levels of management and both finance and non-finance staff
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently or in a team environment and drive results; a self-starter and able to work with changing priorities and time pressures
- Proven ability to meet deadlines as well as working to a monthly close timetable
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate Level Excel/SAP skills
- Experience with SAP, BEX and Tesseract preferred, but not required
- Ability to transform processes through automation and digitalisation
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Salary: £50K FTE (eg £25K for 2.5 days)
Flexibility: 2.5 days a week: Wednesday must be office based, the other days can be office based or remote working.
Recruiter contact: Linda Baldwin