Operations Manager - Part Time - Maternity Cover (12-month contract)
Hours: Part-time, 30-35 hours a week
Term: Maternity cover: From February 2019 – January 2020
Salary: £35,000 per annum pro rata
Annual Leave: Full time employees are entitled to 20 days holiday in each Holiday Year plus Bank and other statutory holidays occurring during the course of your employment, part time employees receive a pro-rata entitlement.
Established in 1985, Challenge Consultancy Ltd delivers training and consultancy on equality and diversity across a range of organisations. We support our clients address these issues and adopt them into their policies and systems, their practices and their organisational cultures. We have a diverse client base which encompasses the public, private and voluntary sectors.
To find out more about Challenge Consultancy and the exciting work we delivery to key partners, please click here.
Organisation management and service delivery
- Line manage and manage the workload of the Administration team to ensure all staff are aware of their actions and responsibilities with regard to service delivery and that they deliver against deadlines, targets and quality expectations. This includes bookings, liaison with clients, training logistics information, evaluations, booking actors, enquiries
- Work closely with the Training Director to ensure that overall delivery of the services, including training, projects, consultancy and coaching, is effective and of high quality
- Ensure the organisation’s database system is being used effectively and consistently and run reports /checks to ensure its accuracy....please download the full job description attached for further details
Business development and client management
- Manage the business development and client management workload for the team, ensuring opportunities are followed up in a timely and appropriate manner and systems and processes are followed
- Support the organisation’s business development by overseeing the development and production of successful proposals and responses to services enquiries by the team which are generated through tender portals, meetings, events, previous clients etc and ensure they are written to a high quality standard, editing the team’s work as required and writing new proposals if needed
- Oversee the preparation of documents for bid interviews and ensure the attendees are fully briefed in a timely manner....please download the full job description attached for further details
- Effectively support staff by developing and agreeing annual objectives and targets, reviewing progress on a regular basis, having regular operational catch ups, giving feedback and ensuring training and development needs are implemented
- Work with staff to update appraisal documentation to make it fit for purpose and use on an annual basis
- Provide updates to the Directors about staff issues as needed.
Please read the attached Job Description to learn more about the role and if you are interested in applying, please follow the apply method below and add the attached Application Form.
This role will be for 30-35 hours per week with some flexibility for the right candidate.
Please note that we do no accept CVs, candidates MUST apply with the formal application form attached. The closing date for this role is 10am on the 21st of January 2019, with interviews soon after.
We look forward to hearing from you!