Strategy Manager (Open to flexible working)
We are looking for a talented individual to join the team as Strategy Manager. The role provides the opportunity to work on the most important strategic issues facing Insurance & Wealth and offers a high level of exposure to senior management. This creates excellent opportunities for career development and we have a track record of developing and promoting high performing individuals.
The successful individual will play a key role in shaping the direction of the business by supporting high profile strategic initiatives such as:
- Major divisional or business unit strategic reviews, working collaboratively with senior leaders across the business, strategy and wider group communities
- Analysis of profitability, competitive structure, regulation and trends in product markets and geographies
- Research into competitor performance, strategy and business models
- Development and recommendation of strategies that respond to identified opportunities or threats, including the identification of the capabilities required to win
- Working on projects across the organisation on a wide range of issues with colleagues of all levels of experience
- Experience of the strategy consulting process, either with a major strategy consultancy OR with a strategy or business development function of a blue-chip corporate
- Demonstrated ability in strategic problem solving, generating hypotheses, problem structuring and generating robust conclusions
- An understanding of UK insurance market.
- Ability to drive insight from complex and diverse information - financial results, broader business performance metrics and other relevant data
- Excellent communication skills, able to package and deliver complex messages in a simple and accessible way
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to form effective and lasting relationships across a large and complex business
- Motivated self-starter, able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment, manage multiple stakeholders and reliably deliver high quality output
- Committed to personal development.