Head of Academies, Open to flexible working
Head of Academies
Who are we?
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. We are proud to lead the future of some of the world’s most famous and admired brands. Brands built by entrepreneurs and philanthropists; true visionaries whose values we must honour and sustain. We stand on the shoulders of these giants.
Our purpose as an HR function is to be an agile, connected and accountable partner to the business, enabling growth and performance. Our Global Functions teams sit right at the heart of driving this growth focusing on three distinctive areas to add real value to the business - Organisation Effectiveness, Talent and Performance Enablement.
As part of this, our Global Learning and Capability team lead the development of learning solutions across Diageo that improves capability and drives performance for the business. We transform the way our employees experience learning through a holistic programme comprised of work streams on Organisation, Vendors, Academies, Technology, Measurement and Evaluation and Learner Experience.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Academies to join our Global Learning and Capability team. In this role you will lead the development of curricula for the digital, change, marketing, commercial and leadership curricula and continually seek ways to improve value and the learner experience. In addition, you will continue to evolve the community of Diageo Leaders as Teachers approach and enhance the capability of those who deliver solutions and coach.
As Head of Academies you will…
- Ensure an employee experience that will enable access to learning within the flow of their roles that enhances performance and linked to career paths
- Own the strategic direction of the Diageo learning proposition and enhance the framework for how we curate learning
- Develop a process for how we continually review, curate and update learning curricula
- Design an approach that will increase adoption and utilisation of learning content and metrics
- Use external and internal insight to shape the strategic intent and vision for the learning proposition and continually seek ways to improve value and the learner experience
- Identify future needs for Diageo by collaborating with our business partners and inform the learning proposition
What are we looking for?
Success is highly dependent upon:
- Shaping our learning proposition based on critical capability identified by the business
- Develop the design strategy for Learning & Development across the group
- Passionate about providing insights and evaluations of the effectiveness of learning
- Developing our technology strategy for learning across the group
- Authentic and values driven leader who is able to set a clear vision and motivate others to deliver exceptional results
- Takes an enterprise wide approach and is collaborative, adaptable and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organisations. Intellectual horsepower to understand the detail, alongside the complexity, and still drive the strategic aims.
- Strong intellectual rigour and an appetite for professional development
- Commercial acumen and broad business understanding
- Strong communication skills; articulate, compelling, engaging and a highly inclusive manner
Skill and experience:
- Experience of driving change in Learning processes and culture
- Ability to design learning ecosystems to optimise the learner experience and drive efficiencies
- Able to build strong relationships, with good stakeholder management, alignment and influencing skills