Modern Employer Community Manager, Open to flexible working
Modern Employer Community Manager
Do you love telling stories through great prose and compelling photos, graphics and video? Are you an expert at all things digital - from social media to web? Do you want to be a part of an industry-leading global digital communications team at one of the world's biggest healthcare companies? Then we want to hear from you.
In July 2017 Emma Walmsley announced a new strategy for GSK focused on three areas - Innovation, Performance and Trust. 'Modern employer' is a key pillar of GSK's Trust strategy. To deliver on GSK's new strategy, it is critical that GSK both acts as a modern employer and is also perceived as a modern employer by current and prospective employees and external influencers.
The Modern Employer Community Manager is a new job created in support of achieving this ambition. This is new kind of role for GSK. A modern coms role focused on facilitating and being involved in online conversations rather than simply creating content and/or broadcasting messages. These new tasks require a new role and holder with skills and expertise different to those required for a standard communications role.
- Create a plan for engaging employees internally; focusing on Workplace by Facebook this will consider the audience/groups to engage with, define the rules for how to engage and create a plan in alignment with the wider modern employer comms plan and strategy as defined by the Modern Employer Activation Director and Internal Comms Director
- Conduct a research plan to understand where relevant conversations are taking place externally and create a map of the external environment
- Create a plan for engaging with prospective employees and external influencers through the social media channels defined in the research stage
- Partner with the wider Modern Employer team across corporate affairs and employer brand teams to plan, co-create and repurpose content to help feed the social media plans and campaigns
- Act as a social listening hub internally and externally, finding conversations bringing insights into the business and engaging where appropriate
- Help create, sustain and direct relevant internal online conversations through a mix of toolkits, consultation with group owners and personal engagement
- Create and contribute to relevant external online conversations, working in partnership with the wider digital comms and recruitment marketing teams
- Collate relevant content to feed into employee advocacy plans
- Define performance measures for the role and report against them to key stakeholders
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 31st January to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the various communication channels and media tools.
- Influencing and change management skills.
- Understanding of commercial business
- Content creation (visual, written, other).
- Ability to measure results across the channels and demonstrate impact of communications.
- Learning psychology, needs analysis, solution designing, influencing, facilitating, and negotiating.
- Keen interest in social media and highly expert in publishing to all social media platforms; passionate and curious
- See above
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive On Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.