Hipster, Digital Brand Incubator, Open to flexible working
Hipster, Digital Brand Incubator
The role of Hipster, Digital Brand Incubator is a new and pivotal one for both the Incubator and GSK Consumer Healthcare. Modelling a new way of thinking, doing and building digital-first connected-health brands within GSK, the Hipster's role is to concept, create and deliver clever, 'sticky', data driven digital experiences that deliver real business results. Experimentation lies at the heart of the Brand Incubator and this role is about 'doing different', thinking beyond how GSK brands act and do business today and showing that digital-first and emotional brand building can drive greater growth, penetration and meaningful engagement.
That's a lot of words. So, what does that really mean....?
- This person is the passionate multi-channel creative heart of the Digital Brand Incubator. They have proven capability in working in an agile, fast-paced start-up culture. Understanding agile methodology and applying this mindset to all aspects of their work is key.
- Being the creative lead for a digital-first Brand with proven capability in agile, human centred approach, entrepreneurial thinking and clear creative flair. A 100% self-starter and driver, they will be comfortable with 'thinking and doing'; creative concepting, copy writing, art direction etc. scrappy in their approach they will love the test, learn, iterate, scale loop. Their mantra is 'done is better than perfect' in the endeavor to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible to scale growth.
- Being data driven and delivery focused, working closely with the Hacker (Performance Marketer) and Hustler (creative producer/programme manager), the Hipster will be able to turn their hand to any creative opportunity and execution.
- Being proficient in using different design tools such as, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle, Invision (or similar prototyping tools) and edit software.
- Being pragmatic, understanding where we best place our bets in terms or repurposing old content or creating new.
- Being a collaborative team player that is happy to share ideas, give and solicit constructive feedback from other designers, support with additional work when required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work under tight timelines
- An entrepreneurial approach to business - demonstrate initiative and proactivity, be able to identify problems, make recommendations and follow through with solutions
- You will be a problem solver and team player, forging strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external agencies/partners to ensure best in class ideation and execution of digital brands. This role will be a key interface with internal and external (agency partner) teams, including the Digital Innovation Hub, CDO team and Design
- This role strives towards a new way of brand building for GSK, taking our products (and importantly brands) 'beyond the pill' and beyond our historical problem/solution positioning and experiences. It's about delivering on a new way of thinking about, doing and creating GSK brands with 'teeth' (focusing on reviving the tail, creating 'net new' and incubating start-ups).
- You are curious, data driven, creative and passionate about killing the status quo. As the creative partner within the Digital Incubation brands the role will see you working with new types of commercial capabilities to drive new routes to market and brand building.
- This role is all about the identification of new data driven growth initiatives and building brands around people not (solely) products in line with consumer trends, unmet needs and pain points as well as overall Category strategies and platforms.
- You should be able to work well in an ambiguous environment and feel comfortable to master complexity in a dynamic, fast-paced, global healthcare environment:
- Experience in creative industries/businesses
- Start-up / Entrepreneurial background or proven expertise
- Knowledge and understanding of the FMCH/FMCG industries, broader trends and economics. Ideally experience in more than one category (i.e. FS, Retail, Entertainment)
- Passion for brands/marketing and excellence in achieving results/commercials
- Undergraduate degree / design focused qualifications
- External creative qualifications (i.e HyperIsland / courses at creative marketing colleges etc.) of interest
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and/or CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: COP 1st February 2019
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.