Chief of Staff - full time, open to flexible working - permanent
- Chief of staff for a rapidly growing research and networking events company
- Based in Oxford Centre
- Looking for the right candidate, flexibility is negotiable once you have got through the selection process.
- Up to £45k to £75k FTE
Our Oxford Based client is looking for a candidate with previous chief of staff experience at a fast-growth company where they made a demonstrable contribution.
They must also have up-to-date knowledge and hands-on practical experience of implementing cultural change that will be applicable to help re-invigorate our culture of continuous improvement and the creation of high performance teams to create a high-quality product with the need for less senior management quality control.
Key Aspects of the Role will include:
Executive support: as part of the senior management team, reporting to the founder and CEO, acting as his deputy for internal projects, as opposed to other outward facing deputies/directors of departments, and working closely with his EA who works part-time and remotely
Meetings support: accompany the CEO to important meetings with our sponsors and partners, in order to be able to help with follow-up agreed actions
Company-wide improvements: provide internal support to other members of the senior management team, most notably the director of editorial, director of research and director/head of events to help them drive and implement changes and improvements
People development: take responsibility for helping create a more vibrant approach to HR, including nurturing and rewarding a culture of continuous improvement – as opposed to simply enforcing a process
Help improve productivity and job satisfaction with targeted internal and external training – ensuring we retain our high standards and crucial attention to detail but also making it a interesting and fun place to work with like-minded talented colleagues and have closer interactions with Britain’s leading entrepreneurs and blue-chip sponsors
Project management: take responsibility important internal projects such as refurbishing our characterful offices, and conducting a feasibility study and implementing a new database.
- Bright and practical, with min 2.1 hons degree
- At least five years’ relevant experience, ideally within a fast growth company and knowledge and savvy about company financials
- Meticulous attention to detail, and writing and communication skills
- Switched on, able to pick up the specific nuances of our business and the key relationships with our different sponsors in order to quickly understand the context and importance of all tasks, and to embrace our culture of continuous improvement
- Good understanding of private company financials, and of the relevance of these to our different league tables and different types of sponsors’ target markets
- Highly organised, an adaptable multi-tasker with a positive attitude, receptive to constructive criticism and able to constantly juggle priorities.
We look forward to hearing from you.