Sales & Marketing Manager part time 22.5 hours per week
Purpose of Job
Responsibility for the overall marketing strategy for the two Federal Conferences both across the commercial opportunities as well as the membership. Further responsible for sales across all revenue streams – sponsorship, exhibition, fringe events and advertising.
- Marketing – responsible for the overall marketing plan for the annual conferences; responsible for the production of the Annual Commercial brochure
- Sales - overseeing the commercial arm of conference - exhibitors, fringe events and advertising, branding and sponsorship opportunities. Identifying new revenue opportunities.
- New Business Development - Managing the client database and growing the client base
- On-site at conference: Attending sponsored and other ad-hoc events and activities as required; working with a volunteer to ensure the smooth delivery of the VIP exhibition tours
- Working closely with the Fundraising Department to share contacts, cross-sell and maximise revenues in both departments
- Keeping abreast of political and market changes and tailoring services and products to existing and potential clients accordingly
We are looking for a highly organised, highly-motivated and confident individual with a track record of delivering to organisational targets. He/she will have creative flair and the ability to think outside the box. This newly created role allows for a great degree of autonomy and an opportunity to really make it your own. This position would suit a tenacious negotiator with the drive to exceed expectations.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of event income generation through multiple streams.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Outstanding stakeholder management – managing relationships across all levels
- Excellent written communication skills – compiling marketing copy, proofreading etc.
- Excellent customer service ethos
- Sympathy with the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience using InDesign or similar software
Please apply via the application method below with:
- A copy of your CV; including complete work history
- A Covering Letter; no more than 2 pages of A4 in length, indicating clearly how your experience and skills meet the criteria stated in the job and person specification. Please also write your name on top of your supporting statement.
Closing date: 12.00 noon, Wednesday 13th February 2019
Please note: We will not be able to employ you if you are not eligible to work in the UK. We will not be able to obtain a work permit on your behalf.
The Liberal Democrats are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcome applications from groups who are currently under-represented in our staff.