Supporter Acquisition Team Manager (Maternity cover; Full or Part time - 4 days)
Want to use your Fundraising & Leadership skills to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Supporter Acquisition Team Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Supporter Acquisition team sits within the Individual Giving and Engagement Team and is responsible for recruiting in excess of 30K regular givers to WaterAid every year, and over 40K new cash givers. This activity provides the bedrock for WaterAid’s long-term growth.
As our forward thinking and driven Supporter Acquisition Team Manager you will strategically and proactively lead, inspire and motivate the team and its strategic partners in developing and implementing WaterAid’s Supporter Acquisition programme.
This is a UK based fixed term maternity cover contract available from March 2019 until the end of January 2020.
In this role, you will work closely with the Individual Giving and Engagement (IG&E) Team Leader and Supporter Engagement Team Manager to contribute to the development of the departmental Engagement strategy and deliver the IG&E team plan against the strategic milestones set within the strategy;
- lead, manage, coach and motivate the Supporter Acquisition team, ensuring each member of the team makes a full and effective contribution to the organisation, and proactively seeks out opportunities to grow income
- Lead the Supporter Acquisition teams’ relationship with corporate partners where there is acquisition activity or where support is required to the teams who manage the supporter relationship.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with external strategic partners including creative and media agencies; driving relationships forward towards shared success and regular monitoring of agencies performance
- Develop and drive forward cross-team working opportunities with the WaterAid Media, Communications, Digital Marketing, Corporate and Policy team to increase brand awareness, aligning recruitment activities where possible to maximise income from brand uplift;
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Line management experience, with demonstrable success of managing a motivated and high performing team;
- Extensive experience of hands-on direct marketing, preferably in a fundraising environment;
- Proven ability to successfully manage relationships with external suppliers and consultants;
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing strategic and operating plans and large, complex budgets;
- Experience of using a customer database and producing high quality analysis reports;
- Proven ability to analyse data and complex information to inform evidence based decision making;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft excel;
- Proven ability to work to a high standard and with an eye for detail, working under own initiative and overseeing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent understanding of direct marketing/ fundraising/ data protection legislation;
- Willingness to work effectively with others towards organisational objectives;
Please click the apply button below for a full job pack.
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on Wednesday 13th February. Availability for interview is required on the 18th February.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in the course of its work and will conduct appropriate pre-employment referencing and checks. WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.