Finance Assistant - part time, minimum 16 hours per week
Are you looking for a role in Finance that will stretch your skills and offer challenges for forward thinking and innovative ideas? This is an exciting time for HMRC as we head towards delivering increased effectiveness of digital services, new strategies for improved services and IT capability for all.
Corporate Finance fulfils a vital role at the heart of HMRC. We are responsible for ensuring that HMRC plans and manages its performance, makes good decisions and is held to account on accurate financial and performance data. Our activity helps HMRC account excellently for everything HMRC does.
Corporate Treasury are HMRC’s Payment Process Owners, setting and delivering the critical elements of HMRCs payment strategy, developing and implementing standardised HMRC payment processes for all Heads of Duty and regimes.
Corporate Treasury are responsible for:
- Maximising revenue flow to the Treasury, providing excellent customer service through account management.
- Processing receipts and payments, reallocating receipts, maintaining customer accounts and reconciling HMRC bank accounts.
- Dealing with external and internal customer correspondence, telephone calls, forms and electronic enquiries on payment related matters.
- Work as a key part of our team to improve productivity, quality and support the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Be able to gather information and apply judgement to achieve the best outcome for our business.
- Display a positive attitude towards change and support the evolving business direction.
- Take responsibility for personal performance in accordance with Corporate Finance priorities
- The Jobholder should be aware of the potential for the risk of financial loss in the day to day work and be responsible for taking action when you or your staff identify instances of this. The Jobholder will be accountable for ensuring mitigating action is taken as appropriate.
Please click "apply" for further details and to make your application