Head of Firm Based Authorisation, Full time - open to flexible working
Head of Firm Based Authorisation
Lead part of the team that assesses people's suitability to be a solicitor, and checks that businesses are equipped to offer legal services.
- showcase your ability to effectively steer an operational team in case working environment
- support your team through a business transformation programme.
- demonstrate dedication to continuously improving efficiency, quality and customer service
- be accountable for confident and consistent decision making, ensuring regulatory principles are applied appropriately
Due to an internal promotion we are looking for an Interim Head of Firm Based Authorisation for a fixed term period of up to 12 months.
As the Head of Firm Based Authorisation (FBA), you will be accountable for the delivery of firm-based authorisation, demonstrating a self-assured, risk based approach to decision making and driving outcomes.
The FBA team comprises circa 50 staff who assess the suitability of organisation's to offer legal services and 'authorises' them to practise.
We are currently part way through a transformation programme, as such this is a great opportunity for someone to exercise outstanding people management ability and lead the firm-based authorisation teams through this period of change.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a skilled operational manager, experienced in managing high-volume operational processing and/or case work.
With a solid track record of 'managing managers' and teams of a comparable size (from any sector), you will be able to build trust and credibility quickly.
You will have proven skill in leading teams through change while maintaining operational effectiveness and excellent customer service. You will also bring extensive experience of successfully building and managing stakeholder relationships, externally as well as internally.
What we are looking for;
- Strong record of people management
- Excellent operational delivery experience
- A focus on performance - both of the function and your team
- The ability to engage, motivate and coach team leaders and members
- Great stakeholder management skills
We welcome applicants who may be looking to return to work after a career break and recognise finding the right role can be difficult.
We also recognise that we operate in a pretty niche sector - so experience of regulation is not essential. We are supportive of helping you achieve a balance between your personal and professional life.
If you would like to discuss the role, our culture or scope to work flexibly, we can arrange for this to happen - contact us via the apply button below to arrange a chat, in confidence.