DevOps Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
At Lloyds Banking Group our vision is to be the best bank for our customers. By putting customers first, keeping banking simple and making a difference together, we'll help Britain prosper.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre IT professional to join a vibrant and forward thinking IT team, delivering technical solutions across a range of Lloyds Banking Group Business areas. The Core Banking System (CBS) platform plays a key role in processing the vast majority of accounts for the Group.
- To lead technical teams of engineers to undertake the day to day delivery of a comprehensive functional service and/or complex change
- The Dev Ops Engineer is a technical expert who drives integrity and maintenance, ideally they need to possess knowledge and experience of Java skills + Unisys Cobol.
- Alongside this the Dev Ops Engineer will need to drive continuous improvement of our tooling and build pipelines in a relentless mission to speed up feedback loops, shift testing and shorten delivery release cycles.
- Technically the role requires an understanding of agile development practices and the ability to support the DevOps toolchain we're adopting across Core Banking Systems.
Key Skills / Knowledge:
- Procedural / Product / Specialist Knowledge .
- Knowledge of agile development practices and test automation
- Strong understanding of source code repositories and change management tools.
- Experience with build processes and release automation .
- Self Work/Organisation
- Analytical Skills
- Forward thinking approach with evidence and experience of relevant industry tools
What Lloyds can offer
In return we'll offer you a competitive salary, a great package including a performance related bonus, generous pension contribution, 28 days annual leave allowance, flexible cash pot and private medical insurance. Training and up-skilling will be a focus within this role.
We support a good work-life balance with agile working, home-working, a focus upon personal development and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace. Together we make it possible
Our continued dedication to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a role to play in crafting the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on building a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.