Senior Corporate Tax Advisor – Full/Part time working considered
The Reading Tax team has ambitious plans for the coming years and we are setting out a clear message that we‘re building a team for the future. We want the right people on board to achieve these growth objectives. Our tax team is already growing rapidly, reflecting strong activity levels and the ambition and investment EY is making. We place great emphasis on coaching our people and in providing an environment where all have the opportunity to develop their careers.
Our tax team provides tax advisory, compliance and assurance services to corporate clients across various industry sectors. For example, we regularly advise Multinationals on their global strategy, including overseas companies looking to locate in the UK and UK headquartered companies looking to expand their operations and activities overseas. We frequently work with our overseas network of EY offices to provide seamless tax advice to our clients across the world, which provides valuable international experience for our teams.
Your key responsibilities
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to our clients
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships within the firm, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
- Coach and develop our junior teams
- Provide full tax services to a client portfolio together with other team members
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of the team
To qualify for the role you must be
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner
- Experienced in tax accounting/tax audit
- Able to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines and monitor own budget
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.