Corporate Tax Manager - Open to flexible working
The EY Luton GCR team is based at our offices near Luton airport and is close to the M1 and Thameslink Airport Parkway train station making it conveniently located for access from North London, St Albans, Milton Keynes, Bedford and the surrounding home counties.
The Luton GCR team work in partnership with their counterparts in the London GCR team and the client base reflects that with many household names represented. The ability to get exposure to varied work teaming with specialists in their field, as well as the opportunity to work on the highest profile/quality accounts typically associated with a London based role really shines through – all whilst being based in a regional location that is closer to home is a real differentiator for this role.
The team actively embraces flexible working and works hard with its client base to advocate the future of working this way. We fully understand that there is a life outside of work and the need to get a good balance between the two contributes to a successful team and so would welcome the opportunity to hear from candidates who are interest in both full time and flexible working.
Based in the Northern Home Counties and forming part of the wider London team this EY office is looking for an experienced Manager to help contribute to its continuing growth. You will be given the opportunity to work across a diverse client base ranging from FTSE listed businesses and global multinationals through to private equity backed and family owned businesses.
This office it is able to offer the benefits of working in a regional office whilst retaining the strong links to the London team with the opportunity to work on clients across both locations as well as work closely with the London speciality tax teams to further aid your career development. There is a clear path to Partner/Executive Director for the right candidate and this is a unique opportunity to progress your career in one of EY’s leading tax teams.
Our business tax advisory professionals help clients through the challenges of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. They work with organisations and individuals to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. This includes helping clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business focused approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Significant experience in Corporate Tax from a large accountancy firm or in-house team
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and manage effective teams
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day management of delivery team
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course;
- Degree qualified
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner
- Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and this is reflected in the culture of this office where a number of the team are on flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.