Senior School Receptionist/Administrator
Hours of work: Mon/Tues, 9am – 2pm, Weds 9am – 3pm, term time only plus inset days
Start Date: late April 2019
A part time opportunity has arisen for a welcoming, enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our team in the senior school office. The successful candidate will perform all reception duties, interacting directly with parents, staff, pupils and visitors in person, by telephone and via email. They will also provide administrative support, assisting with registration and undertaking departmental photocopying. There may also be an opportunity to work in the junior school office on occasion.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, administrative and computer skills, the ability to multitask and prioritise as required, and will be able to work both individually and as part of a team. They will have a bright, friendly manner along with discretion as confidential work will be involved. Previous school experience and knowledge of the SIMS management information system would be beneficial is not essential, as training will be given as necessary.
As a member of the administrative team, the Receptionist / Administrator will be expected to work across the full range of administrative support requirements needed in a busy and diverse school office environment. The allocation of duties will take account of strengths in skills and experience, but will be an interesting mix of all areas of administrative support.
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
• to welcome visitors and ensure they sign in and out of the school;
• to assist with pupil enquiries;
• to input data onto SIMS and report to relevant staff for attendance matters;
• to assist with all registration processes;
• to answer and respond accordingly to reception phone calls and emails;
• to sign for deliveries and ensure swift notification to the appropriate member of staff;
• to undertake departmental photocopying;
• to log confiscated items, ensuring that they are safely stored and signed for on return;
• to oversee pupil lost property and ensure its timely re-distribution;
• to prepare mail for posting;
• to produce letters, reports and other notes and correspondence as required, using a variety of software applications;
• to provide office support under the management of the Office Manager who will prioritise and allocate tasks/pieces of work;
• to keep up to date with all the policies and procedures of the school as required; and
• to undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Office Manager.
This post will report directly to the senior school Office Manager.
The recruitment process will require all applicants to complete an application form, accompanied by a letter of application and a current CV.
The application should be submitted either electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Mrs A Ross
Horn Park Lane
London SE12 8AW
Applications should be sent as soon as possible and by Noon, Friday 15 March at the latest. Colfe’s reserves the right to appoint to this post before the closing date if necessary.
Colfe’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.