CRM and Data Manager, Open to flexible working
We’re a young company born from an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Tanqueray, Baileys and many more, over hundreds of years, led to the formation of our company in 1997.
Today our Culture, Media and Future’s team stands on the shoulder of these giants and acts with the same entrepreneurial spirit and determination. The Culture, Media and Future’s team is leading Diageo Europe to the edge of digital and pushing forward our marketing capabilities across European countries and through all our category-leading brands.
Within Europe consumer marketing and reporting to the Head of Digital, we have a key role open for a CRM and Data Manager. This position is based in our London offices and is an incredibly important hire to help fuel Diageo Europe’s data driven marketing ambitions. This position will oversee activities that grow and will unlock the value of our data, enhancing relationships with our consumers.
We are looking to appoint a passionate individual, likely to have several years’ demonstrable experience in leading CRM and data initiatives against long term data and digital strategies. The role will be wide and varied which means you will be liaising with a large number of both internal and external stakeholders, therefore, exceptional communication and time management skills will be key.
A confident personality with good communication skills who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and keeps the consumer at the heart of everything. A commercial person who takes an open and inclusive approach, a self-starter who demonstrates excellent stakeholder management skills, and bias towards action.
Key areas of focus:
- CRM lead for Europe consumer marketing. Take a proactive approach to identify opportunities and support brands all the way through from planning to implementation
- Drive database engagement and growth
- Build on the Europe data strategy, working closely with the digital commerce leads to align strategic priorities
- Work with internal technology teams and agency partners to improve on our technical capabilities, and unlock the potential of data
- Project management of lead generation trials linked to experience and events
- Work with brand teams to build data into marketing plans, create defined value propositions and contact strategies with short term (implementational) and long-term (strategic) goals
- Apply rigorous measurement & evaluation to understand how we build and shape the best plans with great outcomes through data and insights
- Develop data capture opportunities and deliver emails to support brand sponsorships
- Analytics/data analysis to extract insight
- Serve as a liaison between Marketing, Legal, Global and Technology to ensure that data related business and operational requirements for protecting personal data and complying with GDPR are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritisation and planning
- Deliver CRM campaigns across 10 core brands and reserve in Europe
- Create and roll out a CRM strategy working closely with the digital commerce, DBS and CODE
- Improve database health and deliver growth to achieve targets. Deliver regular reporting
- Run regular workshops and planning sessions with brands to identify opportunities and create use cases/trials for data acquisition and CRM
- Maximise our effectiveness in digital data, using Social Tools, DMP, GA, DV360 etc.
- Manage 3rd space data collection and support in new technology tests
- Highlight data quality risks and issues with required stakeholders; develop and manage the plan to effectively mitigate risks or resolve data quality issues
- Assist with training and capability building for wider marketing team
- Build strong relationships and work collaboratively with agency partners ensuring quality work is delivered on time and within budgets
- Drive productivity (in house & across vendors)
- Apply rigorous KPI setting and M&E process
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- You have a proven track record in CRM & are known across your network as a high performer
- Minimum significant experience in a CRM, data or digital role
- In depth CRM knowledge and ability to roll out campaigns at scale
- A self-starter with the ability to manage timelines and multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and strong stakeholder management skills. Ability to work with brand teams, legal and DTs as well as global contacts
- Passion and drive to create opportunities, and the ability to use this to deliver for the business
- Agency/Budget management
- Experienced in creating high quality content including email build & templates, testing & optimisation
- Confident using a CRM technology stack and experienced with data governance practices
- Must be fluent in English, additional European languages would be a bonus as you will be working with teams across Europe
- Training in coding/programming to utilise Global self-serve technology available (DataNova, MAPP)
- Understanding of GDPR and e-privacy regulations
- Digital and Social media knowledge, understanding data activity including DMPs, data enrichment, custom audiences etc.
- Salesforce / Marketing Cloud experience, ability to build user journeys within the tool