General Manager, full time, open to flexible working
Living Architecture is recruiting a full-time General Manager to liaise with our customers, so as to ensure that our guests have a truly memorable experience when they stay in our houses – from the moment they book to when they return from their unique stay.
The role will be office based but some flexibility and some home working can be offered.
- To be the public face of Living Architecture with customers, dealing with all email, internet & telephone booking enquiries.
- Owning the Living Architecture “customer experience” – the overall aim being to ensure that guests have enjoyable stays and any issues that arise are dealt with promptly.
- To report back on key customer and operational issues eg. bookings, budgets, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Drive bookings, to achieve a target annual budget for each house.
- To recommend and implement different technology providers who might help us run our houses and customer experience more efficiently (eg an App to automate the collection of customer feedback.)
Guest relations and bookings
- Keeping the website up-to-date, with prices, availability, special offers etc.
- Responding to all customer email and telephone enquiries within an agreed time-period (eg. 24 hours).
- Dealing with all bookings that come through the website or telephone. Including processing customer payments by credit card or cheque. Dealing with any booking changes.
- Having an agreed system in place for dealing with guest issues “out of hours” (eg. evenings, weekends and Bank holidays)
- Responding to all issues that come up during guests’ holidays, and making the relevant decision on what action needs to be taken (eg. full or partial refunds of gifts for disruption during stay, etc.)
- Automating a survey for guests to complete post-holiday, to find out levels of satisfaction, any complaints etc. – and report back to Living Architecture’s Director of Operations.
- Researching local suppliers and attractions for the guests of the houses. Including keeping a list of local contacts (eg. cook, babysitter, food deliveries, taxi firms, etc.)
- Arranging information for guests for any “extra” services required (eg. telephone numbers for cook, babysitter, food hampers, etc.)
House Manager team
- Working with the Director to recruit and manage our team of House Managers and Housekeepers.
- Briefing House Managers on all aspects of the houses, what will be required of them, and ensuring they are knowledgeable about the houses and key trade services to maintain the smooth operation of each house.
- Being available on the telephone/ email on changeover days (Mondays and Thursday/ Fridays) to forward any customer requirements/updates on arrivals etc. to the Director of Operations.
- Assessing the requirements for changeover days, providing customer information to House Managers, creating and overseeing a system of reporting back after each changeover, confirming that standards have been maintained and any issues reported.
- Ensuring that the House Managers are the first port of call with any issues that come up on the houses (eg. broken appliances, heating and hot water, etc.).
- Ensuring House Managers have changeover and marketing material supplies (and help with re-ordering, as required).
- Managing supplies, utilities, insurances and health & safety compliance.
- Making regular visits to the houses to ensure they are being presented and operating as should be.
- Setting prices and budgets each year for each house.
- Proactive management and regular reporting of bookings for each house.
- A self-starter, happy to work independently
- Driven by commercial and operational excellence
- You have a mix of skills – a visual eye (for modern design, with a fantastic attention to detail and high standards) good with people, whether it’s dealing with our loyal customers, or when unforeseen issues might arise at the houses, which might cause inconvenience to them.
- You are confident, with marketing experience, and have a natural “sales” side (good with numbers, passionate about converting enquirers into customers)
- You believe in our mission, and want Living Architecture to grow
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below. In your covering letter please let us know why you believe you are the right person for the role, as well as your availability and salary expectations.
Applications will be considered immediately as we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible