IT Services, CloudOps Engineer, Open to flexible working
Deloitte is creating a new Cloud Operations Team in Cardiff to support a wide range of offerings on cloud platforms. A core function, the team will play a pivotal role in supporting the wider North West Europe cloud strategy to deliver quality cloud services across this region. Cardiff is one of Deloitte’s hubs for supporting services so we are looking for talented individuals that seek to make an impact. In return you will be given the opportunity to showcase your talent, be fully supported in an ever changing world of technology and have the opportunity to work and travel across EMEA.
Deloitte IT Services is looking for Cloud/DevOps engineers who are passionate about building applications at scale in cloud platforms such as AWS. You will have a background in the design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure and applications
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project you might build an application optimised for the cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project you might convert manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate them using tools such as Ansible or Terraform. From an operations perspective, you will be required to set up monitoring and alerting for AWS workloads and to participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule
- Develop cloud architecture and solutions optimised for AWS to meet project requirements
- Develop scripts to automate the deployment of AWS architecture and solutions
- Monitor and maintain multiple AWS solutions to meet project requirements
- Setup and manage backups, patching and AV/malware software across the environments
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams
- Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Ability to build enterprise applications and solutions using AWS, Azure or Google
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Bash, PowerShell, etc
- In depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communicator and decision maker participate in 24x7 on-call rota
- Occasional travel to other Deloitte sites
- Be willing to submit to BPSS and Security Clearance (SC) vetting processes
Experience in the following is desirable:
- AWS Solution Architect certification
- Scripting or programming experience (Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (eg RHCE)
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
- ITIL experience
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 162903