Learning, Content Design Senior Manager, Human Resources, Open to flexible working
Our people are our most important asset. Through an increasing use of blended learning solutions we are seeking to deliver a ground-breaking, agile solution that delivers outstanding results and exceeds their expectations.
Our Design and Delivery teams are all center’s of excellence in their own right. Consisting of Content Design, Content Enablement, Content Management, Faculty Management and Event Management, these teams work collectively to grow, develop and extend high quality and innovative learning solutions to the business.
Reporting to the HRD Learning, this is an exciting opportunity to influence a strategically important element of Learning and Development’s transformation. In collaboration with colleagues from across the learning function, you will review and define the operational plan for instructional & digital design, deciding where time, resources and investment will be focused on curriculum areas across TIPL. Your ability to analyse information to create a clear and succinct set of curriculum that supports building priority capabilities within the service lines will be key. With a clear focus on our strategic priorities, your thought leadership and subject matter expertise will ensure our curriculum is fit for purpose, forward thinking and delivers impact for our colleagues.
- Leading, managing and developing a team of Content Designers seeking to develop their technical competence
- Working closely with Business Partners and ECD/LED, and using the outcomes from the LNA, define the operational plan for Instructional & Digital design, laying out where investment and time will be spent on curriculum across TIPL
- Provide deep expertise to the business and develop compelling arguments for moving content out of classroom
- Manage all resources in the team and align resources to priorities across the agenda
- Challenge the scope and requirements and define outcomes and recommendations (build, buy, borrow)
- Manage the relationship with Procurement to ensure we have the right suppliers engaged at the right price
- Liaise with ECD and LED where needed and design and drive RFP processes and decisions for new suppliers
- Review and sign off PIDs developed by Learning Designers. Sign off based on cost, audience, SL or Learning business plan and scope & duration of pilot. Includes all IT and Security sign off
- Sign off: Governance and approval of new programme rollout and go-live
- Accountable to define, own and govern the design principles for content, both digital and ILT
- Accountable to work with the business partners and LED / ECD on strategic priorities
- Accountable to design and drive the content design approval forum, in which new projects are approved
- Work closely with the BPs to understand forecasting and future pipelines of work
- Accountable for identifying and approving new vendors
- Feed into strategy and management to ensure alignment of curriculum to overall business case
- Present curriculum pipeline plan quarterly to heads of learning in order to validate new work
- Work with content management to ensure that all projects are reported and monitored for MI purposes
- Strong collaboration with Content Enablement and IT is essential
- Drive financial management across content design, accountable to work closely with Strategy & Management to realise the business case.
- Facilitation will be part of the role and a balance will be found between keeping skills fresh and relevant within the job role.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London, full time with some opportunities to work from home
Your professional experience
- Degree at a Bachelor level required
- Professional training / HR development / education qualifications in relevant subject area
- Experience at senior manager level
- Highly persuasive through SME knowledge, influencing, coaching, educating, challenging and managing senior stakeholders.
- The ability to analyse and synthesize fragmented information and create a clear, succinct set of curriculum that supports building priority capabilities in the Service Lines is key
- Strong financial management / commercial acumen.
- Highly organised with a strong project management ethos to sequence work and ensure priorities are aligned to team members with the right skills and attributes
- Ability to understand and develop effective learning strategies while understanding the implications from a culture, business success and company practice standpoint.
- The ability to translate client business needs into realistic and achievable plans in collaboration with the Learning Business Partners
- The ability to provide thought leadership, work collaboratively, and consult effectively and independently with senior levels of the organisation.
- Proven team leadership and management skills and ability to create a high performing, motivating, supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to address diverse organisational stakeholders at all levels.
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 163630