Sales Ledger / Time and Fees Assistant, Open to flexible working
Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
This role, reporting to the Sales Ledger Supervisor, will cover all aspects of the sales ledger, to ensure that cash is banked and posted to the sales ledger on a timely and accurate basis the role will also include Time and Fees duties
What you’ll be doing:
- You will post cash received on a daily basis to the sales ledger and ensure cash posted to system agrees to cashbook
- You will liaise with credit controllers to resolve queries relating to cash received
- You will ensure the integrity of sales ledger system
- You will ensure all internal controls are adhered to
- You will check cash received is correctly matched to sales invoices
- You will assist in the processing of journals
- You will print/download bank statements on a daily basis
- You will prepare cheques received each day for banking
- You will maintain the unallocated cash log
- You will be raising invoices on the system
- You will be raising manual invoices
- You will set up and amend new supplier accounts
- You will assist with posting timesheets
- You will be dealing with timesheet queries
- You will undertake ad-hoc financial projects as the need arises
Who we're looking for:
- You will have ledger experience
- Excellent excel skills
- You will be able to multitask
- You will be happy to learn new systems
- You have a proactive and personable manner
- You will be confident in your own judgement and able to take initiative
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise and multitask across service lines
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You will have a track record of operating in a management accounting or equivalent role in a multi-location organisation with technical experience
You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.